The Alliance (C&MA) is a light-bearing, Jesus-centered missions and church-planting movement with the deeper life at its heart.
Rather than just a denomination intent on building its own kingdom, we’re a people who “go.”
Why we go:
- Because of our love for Jesus—the Savior, Sanctifier, Healer and Coming King. He gave His all for us; as those who bear his light, we are compelled to shine everywhere we go.
- The Fourfold Gospel—it’s in our DNA and is the foundation of our desire to live the “deeper life” —a commitment to a growing, abiding relationship with Jesus that propels us to complete His last command on earth—His Great Commission (Matthew 28:18b-20a).
Where we go:
We go wherever darkness has a foothold. Today, there are more than 2,000 Alliance churches in the United States, and approximately 20,000 fellowships in 81 countries around the world with nearly 5 million Christians calling themselves “Alliance.”
In 2011 alone, our Envision Trips sent up to 1800 people on short-term outreaches; 85 individuals went on a four-week or more assignment somewhere in this world—all to be points of light.
What people are saying:
The history of The Christian and Missionary Alliance is that of listening well to the cries of the lost and the least, understanding God’s mission mandate to love the world as Christ did, and sharing His message of hope in word and deed. Their faithful witness over time has been an encouraging testimony to all. -Richard E. Stearns, World Vision U.S.
As a young Bible student in Florida I became acquainted with, and involved in, the C&MA and the vision they have for world missions. Over the years I have enjoyed fellowship with Alliance missionaries around the world and support their endeavors to reach a lost world for Christ. -Dr. Billy Graham, Billy Graham Evangelistic Association
How it all started:
The Alliance movement began in the 1880s when our founder, Dr. A.B. Simpson, witnessed the physical and spiritual plight of New York City’s homeless, downtrodden, and marginalized populations.
Moved by his great love for Jesus and lost people, Simpson devoted his life to sharing Jesus’ light—in word and deed—with the city and, ultimately, the nations.
Our calling remains unchanged. We are committed to being points of light—sharing good news to the poor, comforting the brokenhearted, proclaiming freedom for the captives and releasing prisoners from darkness—all in Jesus’ Name. We’re a people with an uncompromising drive to go!
The Alliance at Work
Pet wanted us to go again in hopes that she would be more receptive this time. read more
Their faith would have faltered without the support of other believers. read more
We consistently encounter the practice of witch doctors or fortune-tellers in Macedonia. read more
Who and Where?
- 650 international workers have been appointed and receive full or partial funding from the GCF.
- 81 countries currently have Alliance work taking place within their borders. 66 of these have partially or fully funded U.S. C&MA personnel living there with additional ministry being carried out by national workers or C&MA personnel from the Alliance World Fellowship.
- More than 2,000 U.S. churches with a combined membership of more than 430,000 regularly gather to celebrate Jesus in multiple languages.
The Alliance believes wholeheartedly in the power and necessity of prayer. We cannot “Live the Call Together” unless prayer is central to all we do—in our denomination, in our churches, and in our individual lives. Pray with us »
Is God calling you to full-time service? Do you want to participate in a short-term missions trip and experience missions work firsthand? We’re here to help you connect your passion with God’s purpose. Serve with The Alliance »