Most of your questions can be answered right here! We’ve compiled this section to respond to frequently asked questions about The Alliance. View our Top Help Categories to the right and jump to the topic that most interests you. If you don’t find answers using our Top Help Categories, you can contact us directly.
I have general questions about The Christian and Missionary Alliance
- Can I get a tour of your National Office facility in Colorado Springs? Tours are available. Please call (719) 599-5999 for details.
- Where is The National Office? We are located in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Directions to the National Office. From I-25 in Colorado Springs, take the Briargate Parkway (exit 151). After the exit, continue to the second stoplight and turn right onto Explorer Drive. After the second stoplight, turn left into the entrance of our building. We are located at the southeast corner of Explorer Drive and Research Parkway.
- What is The Alliance? What do you do? We are an evangelical Christian denomination with a centrally funded workforce committed to the centrality and sufficiency of Jesus Christ and completing his Great Commission. Visit the About Us page for details, including our mission, vision, and core values. Also, check out our Statement of Faith and our scripturally grounded views on a number of topics on our Alliance Perspectives page.
- What is your address and phone number? Our physical address is The Christian and Missionary Alliance, 8595 Explorer Drive, Colorado Springs, CO 80920. Our mailing address is The Christian and Missionary Alliance, P.O. Box 35000, Colorado Springs, CO 80935-3500. Our phone number is (719) 599-5999 and is manned from 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m. (MST) Monday to Friday.
- I am looking for contact information related to a specific office. Visit our National Office Directory.
- What is the C&MA purpose or mission statement? We desire to know Jesus Christ as Savior, Sanctifier, Healer, and Coming King and to complete His Great Commission. Learn more about our mission.
- How many international workers do you have and in how many countries? The following statistics are based on reports made as of July 1, 2012 and reflect U.S. and U.S. supported International Workers, international workers, and partially and fully funded U.S. marketplace ministries personnel.
- 81 countries/territories with known C&MA ministries/churches
- 66 countries where C&MA international workers minister / reside
- 650 international workers serving under International Ministries
- How much does it cost to keep a worker on the field? On average one adult costs about 40k. For a couple its about 80k. Families can cost up to 100k annually. To support a worker, visit our give page.
- How does The Alliance fund ministry? The work is centrally funded through the Great Commission Fund.
- Can someone help me with research? We regret that, due to the resources required, we cannot accommodate requests for assistance with academic papers or research projects. We do, however, offer limited archival research on a case by case basis. Please visit The Archives for further assistance.
I have questions about my contributions.
- Can I review my account information online? Currently, we are unable to show your account information on the Web site. To review this information with a representative, please call us at (866) 443-8262. Our hours of operation are 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (MST).
- Can I set up an auto-pay option online? Currently, the “C&MA Direct” option allows you to print a PDF form and fax or mail the completed form to our office.
- How does the C&MA benefit when I sign up for automated giving? We are able to save on printing, processing, and postage fees, allowing more dollars to go to the work of The Alliance. The automated giving plan allows your donation dollars go even farther when you sign up for electronic funds transfer (EFT). Sign up today.
- How do I change my donor contact information? Please call us at (866) 443-8262. Our hours of operation are 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (MST).
- How do I update my communication preferences? To update communication preferences associated with your donor account, please call us at (866) 443-8262 between 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. (MST) or e-mail email@example.com
How do I make an online donation to a specific international worker, approved special, or outfit? To make a donation online, visit our give page. If you are unable to make an online donation or would like to speak to a representative, please call us at (866) 443-8262. Our hours of operation are 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (MST). You can also send a check (made payable to The Christian and Missionary Alliance designating how you would like your monies used in the memo line) to the following address:
The Christian and Missionary Alliance
Office of Donor Accounting
P.O. Box 35000
Colorado Springs, CO 80935-3500
- Is it safe to donate online with my credit card? Our e-commerce/online giving system uses SSL encryption to protect sensitive data transmissions from your computer to our Web site. Users are able to see when the SSL encryption is active either by the “padlock” icon at the bottom of your browser window or by a blue line around the window. In certain areas, password protection is used to protect your privacy and security and to protect sensitive documents on the site. Try it out now!
I have questions about serving with The Alliance.
- What jobs are currently available? Current domestic (U.S.-based) and international job opportunities are now online! Visit the serve section for more information or follow the employment link at the bottom of this page.
How do I apply for a position at The Alliance? As a job seeker, you can access our employment section to locate current international and domestic job openings that match your skills.
- What volunteer opportunities are currently available? The Alliance occasionally has volunteer opportunities in Colorado Springs, Colorado and throughout the United States. Visit the employment section to learn more about current volunteer opportunities.
What are the requirements for working at The Christian and Missionary Alliance? Because of The Christian and Missionary Allianceâs primary and exclusive Christian and religious purposes, the C&MA shall employ only individuals who:
- Profess a personal belief in Jesus Christ as personal Savior
- Are active participants in a local Christian church.
- Participate in chapel or other Christian services held or sponsored by the C&MA during the work day
- Refrain from behavior during working and nonworking hours that detracts from the Christian testimony of the C&MA or that is not in conformity with biblical standards as determined by the C&MA
- Be spiritually ready and willing to fulfill such other ministry functions and requirements as may be requested by the C&MA.
I have questions about financial stewardship in The Alliance.
- Are you a non-profit organization? The Christian and Missionary Alliance is a registered nonprofit in the State of Colorado and is an exempt 501(c)(3) organization.
- How do you fund your ministry? We fund our ministries through the Great Commission Fund, a central fund that frees our workers from raising their own support and releases them to fulfill God’s call on their lives.
- I still have questions. What else can you tell me? To learn more, download and read the GCF Brochure or call our toll-free number (U.S. only) (866) 443-8262. Hours of operation are 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (MST). You can also e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I would like to find out more about the work of The Alliance
- Where can I get more information about Bible Quizzing? Visit the quizzing Web site managed by Life Impact Ministries.
- In what kinds of ministry does The Alliance participate? Visit our ministries section for more information about U.S. and international ministries.
- How can I volunteer with The Alliance? The Alliance occasionally has volunteer opportunities in Colorado Springs, Colorado and throughout the United States. Visit our employment section for these opportunities. Additionally, you can investigate short-term missions opportunities by visiting our serve section and utilizing the online tool, which asks various questions and suggests opportunities for service.
- How do I locate a local Alliance church? Alliance churches are coordinated through our local districts. You can locate a church using our church locator page or find out how to contact a district on our district page.
I would like to contact The Alliance.
- What is your mailing address? P.O. Box 35000, Colorado Springs, CO 80935-3500
- What number can I call to speak to a live person? Call (719) 599-5999 MondayâFriday, 8 a.m.â4:30 p.m. (MST)
- Where can I get answers about a donation I have made? Call (866) 443-8262 MondayâFriday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (MST) or e-mail email@example.com
- Where can I get theological questions answered? Call (719) 599-5999 and ask for Church Ministries.
- Where can I order a resource? Call toll-free 1-877-284-3262 Monday-Friday, 8 am-4:30 pm MST to order.
- Where can I get answers about The Archives? Call (719) 599-5999 and ask for The C&MA National Archives MondayâThursday, 8 a.m.â4 p.m. (MST) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Where can I get information about the offices in Colorado Springs? You can contact any of our offices by visiting our family section. View specific offices’ contact information here.
I would like to subscribe to online newsletters.
- How do I sign up for e-mail newsletters? Visit our newsletters page for samples and the opportunity to subscribe.
- What information does the C&MA collect for online subscriptions and how is it used? We occasionally use small bits of data, called cookies, to enhance a user’s experience on the site. We do not collect personal information tied to these cookies or assign an identification number to a user’s computer for tracking purposes. Cookies also are used in our MyCMA portal for the purposes of identifying a user when he/she enters the site and to determine whether or not a user has cookies turned on in his/her browser.
How do you handle subscribing to digital communications? The C&MA occasionally sends out e-mail newsletters to those who have requested such communications. We also send out communication pieces to official worker and church e-mail lists. We do not release those e-mail addresses or other personal/private information to any outside parties.
If you choose to register through our newsletters page, you are required to provide an e-mail address. We may use this contact information to send you additional information about the C&MA and its programs. This contact information may also be used to contact you when necessary in order to resolve customer service issues or questions. You may readily opt-out of receiving future communications; see the “opt out” option at the bottom of the newsletter.
- What if I need to review or change the personal information I previously disclosed? We encourage C&MA official workers and churches to update and edit their personal information through their district offices. If you have subscribed to one of our e-mail communication pieces, you can change your information or be removed from the list by logging on to our subscriptions page and simply changing the address that appears in the e-mail address field to the new address you require.
- What kind of security is used to protect my subscription information? We store all user information in secure databases protected by various access controls. This data is accessed only for the purposes specified in this privacy statement. Our e-commerce/online giving system uses SSL encryption to protect sensitive data transmissions from your computer to our Web site. Users are able to see when the SSL encryption is active either by the “padlock” icon at the bottom of your browser window or by a blue line around the window. In certain areas, password protection is used to protect your privacy and security and to protect sensitive documents on the site.
- Who has access to my subscription information? We do not share personally identifiable data with other organizations. The only exception to this rule may be if the C&MA has to share information in response to a legal process, such as a court order or subpoena.
- Whom do I contact if I have questions regarding my privacy? Please contact the C&MA directly at email@example.com with any questions or comments.
Top Help Categories
Is God calling you to service? We’re here to help you connect your passion with God’s purpose.
Serve with The Alliance »