The C&MA entered Costa Rica in 1975 and consists of four organized churches and more than 2,000 inclusive members. Currently, our workers are partnering with national church leaders in Costa Rica, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, and Nicaragua. They are involved in English as a Second language classes, leadership training, and more.
Alliance workers who serve in Latin American countries complete one year of language study in Costa Rica before transitioning to their country of service.
The Christian and Missionary Alliance of Costa Rica: 4 organized churches, 1 unorganized group, 6 ordained ministers, 612 baptized members, and 2,120 inclusive members
- Infant mortality rate—9.9/1,000
- Life expectancy—76.8
- Capital City
- San José (1,527,300) pop.
- Slightly larger than Vermont and New Hampshire combined, Costa Rica (19,730 sq. mi.) has rich agricultural land, lowlands, and an interior plateau.
- Spanish (official)
- Per capita income—$9,600
- Literacy rate—96% (2003 est.)
- Government/Political Climate
- Democratic republic. The standard of living is relatively high, and land ownership is widespread.
- Roman Catholic—76.3%
- Jehovah’s Witness—1.3%
- other Protestant—0.7%
Support the Mission
Alliance ministry in Costa Rica is primarily funded through the Great Commission Fund. Help fulfill Jesus’ Great Commission and make a gift to the GCF today.
Is God calling you to service? We’re here to help you connect your passion with God’s purpose.
Serve with The Alliance »