Our initial ministry goal in France was centered upon reaching the many Southeast Asian refugees fleeing to that country in the 1960s. C&MA ethnic churches remain strong in France; however, we now direct our labor and resources primarily toward reaching the French people with the hope of Christ.
Little more than one half of 1 percent of the French population professes to be evangelical. This mostly unchurched, post-Christian nation is often referred to as the “missionary graveyard.” While progress seems, at times, painfully slow, it appears that there is a new openness to the gospel in recent years.
Alliance workers make themselves available to God-seekers through marriage enrichment classes, Bible study, and prayer groups.
Our three international churches—in Toulouse, Paris, and Strasbourg—are experiencing growth. Gateways to French-language ministries, these churches minister to English-language expatriates as well as to French citizens who are eager to worship in English. French-speaking study groups are often begun in our church settings.
Outreach efforts are also geared toward reaching France’s massive immigrant population; one such ministry is among the many Chinese who have made France their home.
A dire need in this country is for trained national leaders. Leadership courses for laypeople are conducted countrywide, yet full-time pastors are much in demand as well.
The Union of Christian and Missionary Alliance Churches in France today is comprised of 23 organized churches, 2 unorganized, and 1606 inclusive members.
23 organized churches, 2 unorganized groups, 13 ordained ministers, 975 baptized members, and 1606 inclusive members.
- Develop a local, church-based, leadership training ministry that enables church members to serve one another in Christ. Alan and Carol Clason are partnering with national pastors in this effort.
- Plant a church in Limoges, where two couples desire a French Alliance Church in their city the testimony for Christ.
International Workers in France
The Alliance at Work in France
In Merignac, France, refugees are not only given a spiritual family but become part of Merignac Alliance Church’s ministry.read more
At least 84 people were killed and many more injured in Nice, France, after a truck drove into a crowd celebrating Bastille Day.read more
We are praying that this will be the start of great relationships to love and witness for Jesus.read more
During the attack, Sam jumped in front of his brother Jake to shield him from flying bullets.read more
We had never really considered a ministry role abroad, but we promised to pray about it.read more
- Infant mortality rate—4.3/1,000
- Life expectancy—79.6
- Capital City
- Paris (11,330,700) pop.
- About 80 percent the size of Texas, France (211,208 sq. mi.) has forest-covered mountains in the northeast, the Pyrénées along the southwest, and wide plain and mountainous plateau in the other regions.
- Celtic and Latin with Teutonic
- North African
- Southeast Asian
- Basque minorities
- Per capita income—$28,700
- Literacy rate—99% (1980 est.)
- Government/Political Climate
- Republic. France is a leader among European nations and is at the forefront of efforts to develop the EU’s military capabilities to supplement progress toward an EU foreign policy.
- Roman Catholic—88%
Support the Mission
Alliance ministry in France is primarily funded through the Great Commission Fund. Help fulfill Jesus’ Great Commission and make a gift to the GCF today.
Give to Special Projects
These field-approved projects are funded by donations in addition to the GCF. Click and give today.
- Paris: Trinity Int'l Chrch Bld
- Paris/Trinity Int'l: Ministry
- New Church Plants/France
- Genesis in France
- Operation Pine Cone/Strasbourg
- Harvest Promise Toulouse
- Porcelain Project/France
- PSP-Paris Student Project
- Heart Stories
- Lay Leadership Training/France
- Mission In Service Training
- City of Light Project
- Merignac Ministry Center
- TEA Project
- Huddleston supplemental funds for TIC
Envision France Team
Is God calling you to service? We’re here to help you connect your passion with God’s purpose.
Serve with The Alliance »