Alianza Cristiana y Misionera de Uruguay: 8 organized churches, 1 unorganized group, 3 ordained ministers, 871 baptized members, and 1,397 inclusive members
- Renovate the Uruguay C&MA Bible Institute to meet an urgent need for prepared pastors.
- Establish a working model for missionaries and national pastors to collaborate in the local church, a new experience for the Uruguay national church.
International Workers in Uruguay
The Alliance at Work in Uruguay
Alliance workers are using marriage dinners to build relationships utilizing The Marriage Course.read more
The following is an adapted excerpt from Bruce and Stephanie Beers’ recent prayer letter. They are currently on home assignment.
“O come, let us adore Him . . . .” As we sang this song today, I was reminded how easy it is to get caught up in the trap of adoring “stuff” instead of God.read more
Doctors had all but given up hope. The patient was suffering from a condition called Guillain Barre, an autoimmune disorder […]read more
- Infant mortality rate—11.9/1,000
- Life expectancy—76.1
- Capital City
- Montevideo (1,745,100) pop.
- About the size of Oklahoma, Uruguay (68,039 sq. mi.) consists of a low, rolling plain in the south and a low plateau in the north.
- Per capita income—$14,500
- Literacy rate—98% (2003 est.)
- Government/Political Climate
- Constitutional republic. Widespread political reforms occurred in the early 20th century. A Marxist guerrilla movement in the 1960s led Uruguay’s president to agree to military control of his administration; civilian rule was restored in 1985. Uruguay’s political conditions are among the freest on the continent.
- Roman Catholic—66%
- non-professing, other—31%
Support the Mission
Alliance ministry in Uruguay is primarily funded through the Great Commission Fund. Help fulfill Jesus’ Great Commission and make a gift to the GCF today.
Is God calling you to service? We’re here to help you connect your passion with God’s purpose.
Serve with The Alliance »