Community Development Worker
Join in community development work with an existing Alliance team
Posted on March 6, 2017
Republic of Congo
- CAMA Worker
- Partially funded (required to raise 75% of support)
- Ordination not required
- Single or couple
Join in community development work with an existing Alliance team to reach the Vili, an unreached people group in the Congo.
- Clear conversion and call to ministry of gospel demonstration and proclamation
- A recognized bachelor’s degree
- Completion of Missions Perspectives course
- 2 years of professional experience in community development
- Bachelor’s or graduate level degree in the field of international development
- Orality training helpful
- Work with village orality-based outreach centers established by the team in conjunction with the church
- Help churches develop plans by which they can self-fund the centers and provide needed services in villages
- Services might include agriculture, animal husbandry, fisheries, or clean water
Timeline for Deployment:
CIA World Factbook—The Republic of Congo
Work and Living Environment:
Housing accommodations would be in the city of Pointe Noire. The primary work would be carried out in various Vili villages outside of Pointe Noire.
Status of Christian Witness:
The Joshua Project—The Republic of Congo
The couple should be able to speak French and possibly Kituba and/or Vili.
Health care is limited in this country.
Expectations for Spouse:
Spousal roles vary based on the spouse’s gifts, abilities, training, and the needs of the team. The spouse’s family commitments also play a role in determining the expectations for the spouse.
Children’s Educational Plan and Options:
Home schooling is available for grades K-7 as well as boarding school options for grades 8–12.
This is a partially funded position with the expectation that, once appointed, the new staff member will raise 75 percent of support costs prior to departure for Congo. Information on support costs will be made available upon application. Training and/or coaching in fundraising is available.
CAMA Services is the relief and development arm of the C&MA. As part of an evangelical denomination, we are committed to Biblical holism. We are first committed to model holism and then reflect holism in how we carry out our work. Because of this commitment, part of the required qualifications include being healthy in all aspects of life. As you move forward in the consideration process for appointment, these will be assessed.
Applicants should be aware that serving in the international world often requires a higher degree of grace and flexibility. For example, overseas teams can be suddenly and unexpectedly impacted by illness, government decisions, financial realities, team changes, or other factors beyond the team’s control. The challenge for applicants is that these factors can sometimes necessitate the sudden redefining of a position, which may take place before, during, or after the application/interview process has begun or is completed.
Please write Pat Altemose at email@example.com.Apply Now
Is God calling you to service? We’re here to help you connect your passion with God’s purpose.
Serve with The Alliance »