Lead Pastor (ICF)
The International Christian Fellowship (ICF) of Dakar is seeking a lead pastor. ICF is an English-speaking church ministering to expats and Senegalese alike.
Posted on June 18, 2014
Senegal - Dakar
- International worker—Clergy Track
- Responsible for raising partial support
- Ordination required
The congregation is a fluid body of people coming and going on a monthly and yearly basis. ICF offers Sunday services, Sunday School, Alpha courses, small groups, and social gatherings. The church is actively partnering with several local ministries. ICF exists to promote the worship of God in all areas of life, among all people.
- A recognized bachelor’s degree or training related to pastoral and cross-cultural ministry
- Two years of Alliance Licensed Ministry Experience (ALME)
- Pastoral experience
- Experience in initiating new ministries
- Master’s Degree, with at least some focus in Inter-Cultural Studies
- Cross-cultural experience
- Age: 40-55
- ICF visitors cover the full range of denominations and Christian experience. Long time believers and people from other faith backgrounds should be able to relate to the preaching. The pastor should be able to connect with people from differing political, economic and social backgrounds:
- Shepherd: Be willing to walk with people wherever they are on their spiritual journey
- Flexible: ICF’s congregation is constantly changing.
- Integrate: Capable of being part of and function well within the Expat community.
- Missional: Have a heart to engage in mission and inspire the community to do so
- Study French to the extent that daily life survival is possible
- Shepherd the congregation and effectively communicate vision
- Organize and train church leadership
- Organize weekly services, including assuming the bulk of the preaching load
- Be involved in ministry outside of Sunday services
Timeline for deployment:
Departure to the field is as soon as possible.
Learn more about Senegal.
Work and Living Environment:
Learn more about Dakar, Senegal.
Status of Christian Witness:
Learn about the religious status of Senegal.
English. Basic French language study would be important.
Good health with no serious chronic illnesses is important. Dakar has modern medical care.
He and his wife will be full members of the Dakar Alliance Working Group and should believe in the overall strategy and participate in team business, spiritual and social functions.
Expectations for Spouse:
A wife is expected to share the vision and mission of the ICF and the DAWG, and to actively use her gifts in these networks for the advancement of the Kingdom of God. Her role may be limited, depending on how many children are in the family.
Children’s Educational Plan and Options:
Dakar offers several schooling options. Dakar Academy (DA) is geared to missionary kids, while the International School of Dakar (ISD) is geared towards expats and the upper class. There is also a good bilingual school available as well as French schools.
At the moment, this is designated as a mixed-funding role. ICF and the C&MA will be able to offer part of the funding, which means that the remaining funds will need to be raised. It is ICF’s goal to cover all the required funding in the future.
The C&MA is an evangelical denomination committed to planting churches both in the United States and internationally. Due to the nature of this ministry opportunity, part of the required qualifications include being healthy in all aspects of life. As you move forward in the consideration process for appointment, these will be assessed.
Applicants should be aware that serving in the international world often requires a higher degree of grace and flexibility. For example, overseas teams can be suddenly and unexpectedly impacted by illness, government decisions, financial realities, team changes, or other factors beyond the team’s control. The challenge for applicants is that these factors can sometimes necessitate the sudden redefining of a position, which may take place before, during, or after the application/interview process has begun or is completed.
Please contact Amy Roedding at firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply Now
Is God calling you to service? We’re here to help you connect your passion with God’s purpose.
Serve with The Alliance »