Serve as a Community Development Worker
Serve as a community development worker to reach “the least of these” in Senegal
Posted on December 5, 2016
- CAMA Worker
- Partially funded (required to raise 75% of support)
- Ordination not required
- Single or couple
- Clear conversion and call to ministry of gospel (demonstration and proclamation)
- A recognized bachelor’s degree
- Completion of Missions Perspectives course
- 2 years of professional experience in community development
- Bachelor’s or graduate level degree in the field of international development
- Develop income generation program with farmers
- Develop micro-finance program with women
- Develop gardens for elementary schools
- Develop new programs based on needs
- Explore possibilities for other efforts as needed
Timeline for Deployment:
Late Fall 2017
Work and Living Environment:
Depending on the circumstances, staff placement might be in the capital of Dakar or in one of the following towns. Each of these towns have great physical and spiritual needs.
- Thiès, the third largest city in Senegal, has an estimated population of 1,788,864. It lies 72 km east of Dakar.
- Louga, a smaller town of 68,000 is located 3 hours from Dakar. The two main people groups are the Fulani and Wolof.
- Kébémer has a population estimated at 16,000 and is about 2.5 hours from Dakar.
Status of Christian Witness:
The Joshua Project—Senegal
French and if possible Wolof
Good healthcare options are available in Dakar. Major surgeries need to be done outside of the country, but most needs can be met in Senegal.
Expectations for Spouse:
Spousal roles vary based on the spouse’s gifts, abilities, training, the needs of the team, and as family commitments allow.
Children’s Educational Plan and Options:
Dakar Academy K-12 grade with boarding options.
This is a partially funded position with the expectation that, once appointed, the new staff member will raise 75 percent of support costs through the applicant’s network of friends and family, local church, or other resources prior to departure to the field. Information on support costs will be made available upon application. Training and/or coaching in fund-raising is available.
CAMA Services is the relief and development arm of the C&MA. As part of an evangelical denomination, we are committed to Biblical holism. We are first committed to model holism and then reflect holism in how we carry out our work. Because of this commitment, part of the required qualifications include being healthy in all aspects of life. As you move forward in the consideration process for appointment, these will be assessed.
Applicants should be aware that serving in the international world often requires a higher degree of grace and flexibility. For example, overseas teams can be suddenly and unexpectedly impacted by illness, government decisions, financial realities, team changes, or other factors beyond the team’s control. The challenge for applicants is that these factors can sometimes necessitate the sudden redefining of a position, which may take place before, during, or after the application/interview process has begun or is completed.
Please write Pat Altemose at email@example.com.Apply Now
Is God calling you to service? We’re here to help you connect your passion with God’s purpose.
Serve with The Alliance »