Music, English and Art Teachers in Asia
Community School of the Arts offers all types of music, art, and English classes to students in our local community.
Posted on December 19, 2013
Asia and Pacific
- marketplace ministries worker
- Creative Access Country (CAC)*
- Music, English or Art Teacher
- Responsible for raising own support
Community School of the Arts offers all types of music, art, and English classes to students in our local community. We presently are seeking music, English, and art teachers for August 2017. Applicant must have 4 year degree or equivalent certification.
- A four year degree in music or art
- At least two years of teaching experience
- A clear and compelling call to serve Christ through your profession in a cross-cultural setting
- Good physical health
- A positive team player
- Excellent relational skills
- Strong communication and verbal skills
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and complete tasks
- Successful completion of a process involving a positive review of five references, completion of application materials, and an interview process that would involve full mental health assessment and background checks
- A four year college degree in Music, English, or Art, or equivalent certification
- At least 2 years of teaching experience
- Language: English, Chinese (preferred). If a non-Chinese speaker, the candidate needs to be willing to study Chinese while in this post.
- Works well with children
- Strong Interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational and self-management skills
- Overseas living and ministry experience in conjunction with an Alliance team in excess of three months
- Learn the local language
- Make a healthy and positive adjustment to local culture
- Work full-time at the music center
- Look for opportunities to share your faith as you build relationships
- Regularly communicate effectively and securely with supporting clubs and individuals
- Any other duties as assigned by the Team Leader
Timeline for Deployment:
Once appointed, fundraising begins.
More information will be given during the interview process. Team consists of six music and art teachers.
Work and Living Environment:
This region of the country boasts of year around spring-like weather. The city is known for its lush array of flowers, shrubs, and flowering trees. The province is home to the largest population of minority people in the entire country. This cultural diversity provides a diverse culture, language, and cuisine experience. The public transportation system is quite easy to use, and enables you to get around easily by bus, taxi, or mass transit railway.
*CAC (Creative Access Country) Specific location information related to this ministry description will only be released in later stages of application process.
All team members are expected to achieve basic proficiency in the language.
It is highly recommended that the candidate be in excellent personal health. In emergency situations, it is best to see doctors in neighboring countries.
Children’s Educational Plan and Options:
There is an International Academy that is an excellent option for your children’s education. Home school is also an option and there are many foreign home school families in our community.
Candidate will be responsible to raise their own funds.
The C&MA is an evangelical denomination committed to planting churches both in the United States and internationally. Due to the nature of this ministry opportunity, part of the required qualifications include being healthy in all aspects of life. As you move forward in the consideration process for appointment, these will be assessed.
Applicants should be aware that serving in the international world often requires a higher degree of grace and flexibility. For example, overseas teams can be suddenly and unexpectedly impacted by illness, government decisions, financial realities, team changes, or other factors beyond the team’s control. The challenge for applicants is that these factors can sometimes necessitate the sudden redefining of a position, which may take place before, during, or after the application/interview process has begun or is completed.
Please contact email@example.com.Apply Now
Is God calling you to service? We’re here to help you connect your passion with God’s purpose.
Serve with The Alliance »