Teach and Train Future Pastors and Church Leaders
You will have an impact through educating and training the next generation of Christian leaders in Spain.
Posted on December 16, 2016
In response to a clear need to train future pastors and church leaders, the C&MA National Church of Spain initiated a brand new Bible Institute in 2012. In May of 2016 it held its first graduation service. This exciting ministry continues to grow and classes are now being offered in various locations in Spain. In response to this growth another couple is needed to both teach and mentor the next generation of leaders for Spain.
- A recognized bachelor’s degree
- Completion of at least 30 hours of Bible/theology/ministry studies and 15 hours of Intercultural Studies (ICS)
- The spouse must hold a recognized bachelor’s degree and have completed a minimum of 18 hours of Bible/theology studies and 15 hours of missions/ministry studies (with a minimum of 6 hours in cross-cultural or missions studies).
- Ordination required
- Completion of Alliance Polity course
- Modern Language Aptitude Test (MLAT) score of 40 or higher
- Speak Spanish already with above average to excellent proficiency in the language
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Strong teaching gifts that have been confirmed through prior teaching experience
- Prior experience in teaching in a Bible Institute/seminary level in Spanish
- Passion for teaching, mentoring, and leadership development
- Theological or Ministry Master’s degree or higher, due to accreditation requirements
- Philosophically and practically in alignment with C&MA core values, church planting focus, and methodology
- Excellent relational skills
- Must have served effectively in strategic local church ministry in a voluntary or paid position for a minimum of two years
- Previous ministry experience in Latin America (many of our students are Latinos)
- Pastoral and church planting experience
- Evangelism and discipleship experience
- Gifts in administration and organization would be a plus
- Teach at least two or three theology or ministry courses per year at the Bible Institute
- Attend and be actively involved in ministry in a local Alliance church, preferably in a church planting context
- Assist in other teaching/training roles in local Alliance churches when possible (secondary ministry)
- Mentor students, national pastors, and potential future pastors as opportunities present themselves
- While the teaching role would be for the husband, the wife may teach as well, depending upon gifting and experience. Ideally the wife would also participate in mentoring along with her husband.
- Work at developing relationships and connecting with unchurched Spanish neighbors and contacts, seeking to share Christ on a regular basis
- Assist the director of the Bible Institute as possible in organizational and administrative tasks (potential ministry)
Timeline for Deployment:
Information about Spain is available from the World Factbook.
Work and Living Environment:
Madrid is the capital of Spain and the third largest city in the European Union. Madrid possesses modern infrastructure and has preserved its historic landmarks and neighborhoods with wonderful museums, parks, and architecture. Public transportation is excellent and safe. There are ten Alliance churches in the greater Madrid area.
Status of Christian Witness:
The post-modern, secular environment of Europe is descriptive of Spain as well. Less than 1.5% of the population professes to be evangelical Christian. For more details see The Joshua Project website.
You will receive two years of intense language study followed by on the field language and cultural acquisition studies. It is expected that you will dedicate several hours per day to language acquisition, and then continue on in Arabic as one of your lifelong goals, as this will greatly enhance your work.
Spain has modern, good health care facilities with well-trained doctors. Quality health care service is readily available. There are no major health care risks.
Expectations for Spouse:
For a couple, if the spouse has teaching or administrative gifts, there would be opportunity to be involved in the Bible Institute. If not, there are ample opportunities for relational evangelism and discipleship, as well as small group ministries, women’s ministries, etc. It is expected that both spouses will be meaningfully involved in meeting ministry objectives, depending on the nature of family roles, children, etc. Spousal roles vary based on the spouse’s giftings and training, and the needs of the team.
Children’s Educational Plan and Options:
The Madrid area offers a large range of options for MK education once the children learn Spanish with several bi-lingual options also available. Some private English schools are also available but they are mostly either expensive or inconveniently located. A Christian MK school is also available on the outskirts of Madrid and has been used by many of our families.
This position is designated to be funded through the Great Commission Fund (GCF). We offer compensation for this position, covering costs related to a monthly living allowance, housing, travel, children’s education, and full benefits. Please visit our compensation page for details on how U.S. Alliance international workers are supported. GCF-funded workers share responsibility for raising GCF dollars from Alliance churches and other sources.
The C&MA is an evangelical denomination committed to planting churches both in the United States and internationally. Due to the nature of this ministry opportunity, part of the required qualifications include being healthy in all aspects of life. As you move forward in the consideration process for appointment, these will be assessed.
Applicants should be aware that serving in the international world often requires a higher degree of grace and flexibility. For example, overseas teams can be suddenly and unexpectedly impacted by illness, government decisions, financial realities, team changes, or other factors beyond the team’s control. The challenge for applicants is that these factors can sometimes necessitate the sudden redefining of a position, which may take place before, during, or after the application/interview process has begun or is completed.
Please contact Amy Roedding at email@example.com.Apply Now
Is God calling you to service? We’re here to help you connect your passion with God’s purpose.
Serve with The Alliance »