Archives Specialist – National Office, CO
The Christian and Missionary Alliance (C&MA) is seeking an experienced archives specialist for the National Office Archives.
Posted on March 10, 2017
Jobs at the National Office
- full-time, onsite position
- under the direction of the writing/editorial manager
This is a full time, onsite position located at the National Office of the C&MA in Colorado Springs. This position is under the general direction of the writing/editorial manager and is responsible for ensuring a stable and organized environment for the National Office Archives. In the performance of his/her responsibilities, this position supports the overall mission of the C&MA as described below. This position also requires that the individual be an active member of a local evangelical Christian church, preferably an Alliance church.
- 2 years of college
- 2-4 years of experience in a related position
- 2-4 years of familiarity in a related position within the C&MA preferred
- May be recognized as an expert in the area to which assigned, work of a highly specialized or technical nature requiring extensive exposure to this or a similar job to become familiar with numerous records and procedures, to make important decisions, and/or to project the effect of actions
- Possesses familiarity with organizational best practices that promote efficiency in the execution of complex tasks
- Skilled in Microsoft Office, use of internet and search engines, scanning software, and database management
- Ensures that stable environments are maintained for archival collections in three locations: National Office (N.O.) first floor, N.O. second floor, and C&MA warehouse
- Provides daily oversight to archives assistant and volunteers
- Receives, evaluates, and executes research requests
- Develops, implements, and enforces policies and procedures relating to archival preservation, classification, data migration, research fulfillment, and sensitive materials handling, including governance minutes, closed-access fields, and personnel.
- Interprets archival policies and procedures to N.O. staff, independent researchers, and others as needed; maintains a Policies and Procedures Manual for The Christian and Missionary Alliance National Archives
- Coordinates with the Corporate Secretary’s Office regarding collections of official documents including biennial reports/General Council minutes, Board of Directors minutes, President’s Cabinet minutes, and advises other N.O. entities regarding disposition of their governance documents
- Establishes and maintains positive and productive relationships with external vendors and other entities for the purpose of fulfilling organizational archival objectives
- Evaluates the content of highly variable incoming materials, coordinates with office background sources, and makes decisions regarding the accessioning and disposition of these materials
- Coordinates the process of making archival materials accessible via the internet in partnership with the information technologies, the Corporate Secretary’s office and the Web team.
- Oversees the migration of data to stable storage media as stipulated by the Society of American Archivists, and the ongoing development and maintenance of the N.O. archival classification system
- Provides vital archival information to assist in the fulfillment of C&MA communications, funding, and marketing objectives, including the reporting of Alliance stories through multiple media channels, church funding campaigns, donor communications, and event programming; assists the president in the gathering of historical information for church presentations, video blogs, and other executive communication needs
- Represents and promotes the Alliance legacy to staff, visitors, governing bodies, and other Alliance audiences within the N.O. and at specifically designated offsite organizational gatherings
- Establishes and manages the Archives Office budget
The C&MA is an evangelical denomination committed to planting churches both in the United States and internationally. The C&MA is committed to world missions, stressing the fullness of Christ in personal experience, building the Church, and preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ to the ends of the earth. The ultimate goal of all programs, functions, and activities undertaken by the C&MA is to further the foregoing purposes and to give spiritual and organizational support to all general members of the C&MA, so that they are free to preach the gospel, to plant churches, and to hasten the return of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Because of the C&MA’s primary and exclusive Christian and religious purposes, the C&MA will employ only individuals who:
- Profess a personal belief in Jesus Christ as personal Savior; and
- Accept and live in accordance with the C&MA Statement of Faith, and
- Are active membership in a local evangelical Christian or Alliance church; and
- Accept and abide by the Policy on Alcohol and Marijuana Use; and
- Accept and abide by the Statement on Human Sexuality
Applicants should be aware that serving in the international world often requires a higher degree of grace and flexibility. For example, overseas teams can be suddenly and unexpectedly impacted by illness, government decisions, financial realities, team changes, or other factors beyond the team’s control. The challenge for applicants is that these factors can sometimes necessitate the sudden redefining of a position, which may take place before, during, or after the application/interview process has begun or is completed.Apply Now
Is God calling you to service? We’re here to help you connect your passion with God’s purpose.
Serve with The Alliance »