Director for Alliance Benefits – National Office, CO
The Christian and Missionary Alliance (C&MA) is seeking an experienced director for Alliance Benefits.
Posted on February 23, 2017
Jobs at the National Office
- full-time, onsite position
- under the direction of the vice president for Operations/Finance
This is a full time, onsite position located at the National Office of the C&MA in Colorado Springs. This position is under the general direction of the vice president for Operations/Finance and is responsible for all the overall administration and direction of all aspects of Alliance Benefits, including the health and retirement plans for C&MA workers in both the United States and internationally. In the performance of his/her responsibilities, this position supports the overall mission of the C&MA as described below. This position also requires active membership in a local Alliance church.
- Four-year college degree in related field
- 8–10 years of experience in a related position
- Additional training/experience/certifications are beneficial
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher, and other software
- Directs the Alliance Benefits’ staff and their responsibilities, including the operations and administration of all health insurance and retirement benefit plans, as well as preparation of the annual budgets and audits for the health, Fellowship Fund, and 403(b) retirement funds
- Travels regularly to current and potential participants, churches, district offices, and supporting organizations to promote the health and retirement benefit programs
- Plays a key role with Alliance Benefits’ consultants and its third parties who support the various plans as well as with member associations such as The Church Benefit Association and the Christian Alliance for Benefits, including serving on the boards of these organizations if requested
- Serves as product manager for the various health insurance benefit plans including medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, long-term disability, life insurance, and supplemental products, to ensure the products are priced appropriately and positioned competitively and marketed effectively through a communications and marketing plan
- Serves as a member of the 403(b) investment committee, providing oversight and selection of the investments and monitoring of fund performance; assesses performance of the Fellowship Fund to ensure assets are sufficient to pay planned liabilities
- Reports regularly on results, including an annual report to the president of the C&MA and production of the Alliance Benefits annual report
- Accountable to the C&MA Benefit Board for scheduling, developing meeting content, and reporting at least two times annually along with a minimum one telephone conference call providing information and updates for the Board to make appropriate decisions; serves as a non-voting member of the C&MA Benefit Board and serves as a trustee representing the Board as needed
- Serves on other assigned C&MA committees including the Operations/Finance Leadership Team
The C&MA is an evangelical denomination committed to planting churches both in the United States and internationally. The C&MA is committed to world missions, stressing the fullness of Christ in personal experience, building the Church, and preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ to the ends of the earth. The ultimate goal of all programs, functions, and activities undertaken by the C&MA is to further the foregoing purposes and to give spiritual and organizational support to all general members of the C&MA, so that they are free to preach the gospel, to plant churches, and to hasten the return of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Because of the C&MA’s primary and exclusive Christian and religious purposes, the C&MA will employ only individuals who:
- Profess a personal belief in Jesus Christ as personal Savior; and
- Accept and live in accordance with the C&MA Statement of Faith, and
- Are active membership in a local Alliance church or are willing to become an active member of a local Alliance church; and
- Accept and abide by the Policy on Alcohol and Marijuana Use; and
- Accept and abide by the Statement on Human Sexuality
Applicants should be aware that serving in the international world often requires a higher degree of grace and flexibility. For example, overseas teams can be suddenly and unexpectedly impacted by illness, government decisions, financial realities, team changes, or other factors beyond the team’s control. The challenge for applicants is that these factors can sometimes necessitate the sudden redefining of a position, which may take place before, during, or after the application/interview process has begun or is completed.Apply Now
Is God calling you to service? We’re here to help you connect your passion with God’s purpose.
Serve with The Alliance »