Ministries › Growing Local Churches
You’ve heard it before. But we think it bears repeating: The Church is God’s instrument to reach the lost. That’s why our energies and resources are poured into creating healthy, vibrant, communities of faith in the United States and around the world. The work of completing the Great Commission is traced to the first gathering of believers and the Call has not changed.
“They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer…. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved” (Acts 2:42, 47).
Healthy churches are typically filled with transformed, increasingly mature followers of Christ. This is why assisting believers to go deeper in their faith and equipping them to use their gifts and talents to win others to Him is such a high priority. Following those first models of community, Alliance churches are committed to the growth of those in their care and modeling the nature of Jesus Christ both to the fellowship of believers and the community where they gather.
We have found several key ingredients that form an Acts 2 fellowship:
- Quality Pastoral Care. Alliance pastors set the stage. Passionate to win the lost for Christ, they guide and counsel their respective flocks to go deeper in their love for Jesus, while training them to also be faithful stewards of the good news.
- Devotion to Disciplemaking. Strengthening believers—at every age level, and from every walk of life—to know and love Jesus as Savior, Sanctifier, Healer, and Coming King is fundamental to Alliance church ministry.
- Fervent Evangelism. A mature, transformed disciple is passionate to reach the lost with the good news. Alliance fellowships offer community outreach and short-term missions opportunities. A good litmus test for a healthy Body of believers is when they actively send—and support—career missionaries.
- Church Planting. A natural outgrowth of a vibrant fellowship is to birth like-minded fellowships.
- Mobilizing the Fellowship. A church body that is inspired, equipped, and resourced to reach the nations is vital to completing The Great Commission. This can be accomplished through an annual missions conference or contacting the Office of Missions Mobilization.
- Partnering with the Worker. A church body that is lead by a "vision-caster" facilitates strategic relationships between North American Alliance churches and Alliance workers overseas.
- Mixed with a heavy outpouring of the Holy Sprit, these ingredients make for a winning Kingdom recipe—completion of the Great Commission.
Want to see what a vibrant church engaged in Kingdom ministries looks like? Read about Acts 29 Fellowship in Hamtramck, Michigan.
Locate a Church
Use this tool to locate a church in the U.S. Enter either the city (optional) and state, or zip.
The Alliance believes wholeheartedly in the power and necessity of prayer. We cannot “Live the Call Together” unless prayer is central to all we do—in our denomination, in our churches, and in our individual lives. Pray with us »
Is God calling you to full-time service? Do you want to participate in a short-term missions trip and experience missions work firsthand? We’re here to help you connect your passion with God’s purpose. Serve with The Alliance »