Notice to 2011 General Council Accredited Delegates
October 30, 2012
NOTICE TO 2011 GENERAL COUNCIL ACCREDITED DELEGATES OF PROPOSED AMENDMENT TO THE GENERAL COUNCIL SPECIAL RULES OF ORDER SUBMITTED TO THE GENERAL COUNCIL COMMITTEE ON RULES IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE AMENDED AND RESTATED CONSTITUTION AND BYLAWS OF THE CHRISTIAN AND MISSIONARY ALLIANCE
The Board of Directors of The Christian and Missionary Alliance adopted the following recommendation during their October 2012 meeting, finding that the following proposed amendment is of a routine or editorial nature and will not alter any substantive provision of the noted document, and has directed that the proposed amendment be submitted to a vote of the Committee on Rules.
General Council Special Rules of Order
With the initiation of a search committee by the CAMA board of directors, a number of C&MA policies were reviewed by the Office of the Corporate Secretary to provide guidance to the committee. During the process of review, a gap was discovered in both the C&MA Board Bylaws and General Council Special Rules of Order related to the CAMA president. The CAMA president was missing from the list of subsidiary presidents that were provided credentials. This may have been largely due to the fact that formerly the CAMA executive director was an employee of the C&MA and/or was expected to be a licensed worker. With the change in the CAMA bylaws to change the position from executive director to president as an employee of CAMA, the need to include the CAMA president in the lists of credentialed subsidiary presidents should have been addressed. Therefore, the following recommendation is proposed to correct the omission.
General Council Special Rules of Order—License, CAMA President
It is recommended that Article V, Delegate Certification, Section 5.2, Signature, in the General Council Special Rules of Order (page A3-6), in the Manual of The Christian and Missionary Alliance, be amended to add the following:
(14) President of CAMA Services, Inc.
The amended section would then read:
Section 5.2. Signature. The delegate certification provided by the corporate secretary shall be authorized as follows:
A. President. The president shall authorize certification for each of the following persons:
- Corporate vice president
- Corporate secretary
- Members of the Board of Directors
- Persons employed in the National Office holding an official worker license issued by the proper authority
- Such other officers and employees in the National Office as may be determined by the Board of Directors.
- Former presidents
- Former officers who are eligible to attend the General Council at the expense of The Christian and Missionary Alliance
- Persons who served as corporate vice president or corporate secretary for at least nine years
- Lay members of each meeting committee to which certification has not previously been issued
- Principal officers of each postsecondary educational institution of The Christian and Missionary Alliance
- Executive directors of official retirement centers of The Christian and Missionary Alliance
- President of The Alliance Development Fund, Inc.
- President of The Orchard Foundation
- President of CAMA Services, Inc.
Communication During Notice Period
According to Section 10.1 of the Bylaws of The Christian and Missionary Alliance (page A2-23), an accredited delegate at the 2011 General Council has the right to communicate, during the notice period, to the Committee on Rules concerning the above amendment. The Committee on Rules is required to wait at least one month, after notice is given, to take any action on the amendments. Therefore, if any accredited delegate would like to communicate to the Committee on Rules they may contact the chairperson, F. Nevin Wiest, at email@example.com or 330-644-7131.
October 30, 2012, through November 30, 2012