His Light is Freely Available
For many, the world is a place of pain and despair. But Jesus illuminates the dark areas of our lives, and His strength is made perfect in our weakness. Through Him, we go and make disciples of all nations, pointing lost people to the One who gives eternal life.
Great Commission Sunday: It’s a Family Thing
We have been set apart for an important task. It’s called the Great Commission. Jesus invites us to bear the light that will release people from the bondage of sin, the curse of oppression, and the sting of death.
The Task at Hand
The Alliance family is embracing this sacred task. In His Name and by His power we are:
- Sharing the gospel with those who haven’t heard
- Discipling new believers in the Christ-life
- Training and equipping future church leaders
- Planting churches in the United States and throughout the world
- Providing life-saving medical care to the poor and afflicted
- Visiting prisoners who have lost hope
- Restoring broken marriages
- Reaching out to our hurting neighbors as they face trials and adversities
Why are we doing these things?
Because we remember what it’s like to be in the dark. We ache for those who remain there. And we long to introduce them to the One who turns their darkness into light. This is what Great Commission Sunday is all about.
Great Commission Sunday is our opportunity to come together as the U.S. Alliance family and extend the light of Jesus further into the darkened areas of our communities and the world.
Past responses to Great Commission Sunday have enabled us to:
- Send workers to new fields, like Russia, Mongolia, and Senegal
- Create access points to the gospel in North Africa, North and Central Asia, and the Middle East
- Expand our work in Europe, Africa, and Asia
- Plant churches in communities throughout the United States
Give joyfully. Give generously. Give light.
Your gift will help introduce lost, suffering, and displaced people to Jesus Christ—the only One who can turn their darkness into light. A generous response to this offering will enable us to send new workers to parts of the world where less than one percent of the population follow Jesus.
Your Great Commission Sunday Offering is administered through the Great Commission Fund (GCF), which supports and equips 650 Alliance workers in 66 countries. The GCF also helps fund U.S. church planting, Alliance higher education, and a variety of U.S.-based support ministries.