Ministry Partnerships facilitates strategic relationships between North American Alliance churches and Alliance workers overseas. International partners benefit as others join their vision and support them personally, spiritually, and financially. Local Alliance churches benefit as their members and leaders discover ways to participate in God’s work around the world.
- to assist international workers in accomplishing Kingdom and field objectives
- to mobilize and revitalize a passion for missions in the North American church
- to personalize missions involvement
What’s Involved In a Partnership?
A partnership involves two parties who will benefit from being linked in a relationship. We suggest that both parties initially commit to a three-year partnership. Many partnerships will include some type of written agreement, including the commitments and expectations for each party. It is important at the inception of a partnership that district leaders, field directors, regional directors, and the director for Ministry Partnerships be involved in the communication and development process. Your church leadership also will need to have input in this process. Partnerships are about connecting the mission field and local church through five partnership activities:
Care for the emotional, spiritual, and physical needs of the Alliance workers with whom you are partnering.
Discover the spiritual issues and barriers that you can be praying about by having ongoing contact with your partner.
Alliance partnerships introduce funding portfolios that provide resources to cover the time and expenses allocated to the ministryâestimated salary and associated expenses, thus largely Great Commission Fund relieving revenueâand resources for ministry expansion (project costs: brick and mortar, etc.). Both of these aspects are critical.
You will be able to travel to your partner’s location and work side by side on ministry projects. Repeated trips back to your partnership location will deepen your connection and your spiritual understanding of the region.
By getting information from the region and your partner and using creative means and technology, you will be able to keep in contact with your partner.
How Are Partnerships Formed?
There are several ways that a partnership may form. Some examples are…
Initiated by Alliance Missionaries
- Speaking engagements during Home Assignment
- Short-term missions teams that visit their particular field
- Churches from their home districts
Initiated by a Group of Churches
- A group of churches that may want to work together to partner
- A group of churches that already may have relationships with particular fields/and or workers overseas
Initiated by an Individual Church
- A short-term missions trip to a particular field that sparks an interest in that region
- Missionaries who have made an impact in the church
- A desire to make missions more personal
Initiated by a District Missions Mobilizer or the Director for Ministry Partnerships
- We have ongoing contact with field leaders and Alliance missionaries and workers to identify Kingdom advancing partnerships. District missions mobilizers or the director for Ministry Partnerships are here to help craft the connections best suited to congregations.
How can I partner?
We have many opportunities for partnerships. Regardless of how a partnership may be initiated, it is important to make contact with our office during the process. Some partnership connections are not listed due to the sensitive nature of the work. Contact Ruthie Hankins in the Office of Ministry Partnerships by e-mail or call (719) 265-2017 for more information. Our office is here to assist you in crafting the perfect partnership for your congregation. Please contact us for more information on creating new partnerships.
Church Partnerships Discussions
What does your partnership look like? How are you finding ways to live out partner care, strategic prayer, doing our share, going there, or staying aware? Ask a question, we'll share what we know and what we've experienced. For more information call Ruthie Hankins at (719) 265-2017 or e-mail email@example.com.
- Update by gene sabatino
- Solar Electric Installations by CienagaCreekRanch
- Partnertship by Meldy Novo
- Networking about partnership and partner care by Don Sappington
- How has your partnership help light a fire of passion in your church? by Don Sappington
Have a Question? Ask the Community
Need an account? Register Now
The Alliance believes wholeheartedly in the power and necessity of prayer. We cannot “Live the Call Together” unless prayer is central to all we do—in our denomination, in our churches, and in our individual lives. Pray with us »
Is God calling you to full-time service? Do you want to participate in a short-term missions trip and experience missions work firsthand? We’re here to help you connect your passion with God’s purpose. Serve with The Alliance »