We realize that making long-term life decisions are not easy and so we have created a number of "onramp" kinds of experiences that will let you get a first-hand taste of what overseas Alliance work is like. The Missionary Apprentice Program (MAP) is one such program. The MAP also allows a person to work towards front-line service in incremental kinds of ways. Along with our Global Ventures Discovery and Global Ventures Praxis Communities programs can also be used to give you a first-hand sense of what overseas life and ministry is like.
Designed for endorsed/accredited missionary candidates, the MAP is the fastest way to join the C&MA mission team overseas. As a missionary apprentice, you will work alongside and be mentored by seasoned front-line missionaries for one to two years. During that time you will be supported as you work your way through the experiences of language-learning and cultural adjustment on your way to hands-on ministry. At the end of the two-year period, with field recommendation, you may have the option of transitioning directly to missionary service.
- Must be at least 22 years of age.
- Has completed the accreditation process and been formally accepted as a missionary candidate.
- Has received a positive recommendation from his/her pastor.
- Has completed a minimum of nine hours of missions/cross-cultural studies.
- Has attended a minimum of one year at a C&MA educational institution.
- Is currently single or married with no children.
- Maintains a consistent devotional life.
- Demonstrates significant local church ministry experience as evidenced by:
- Training in at least one method of evangelism.
- Having led at least one person to Christ.
- Having actively discipled at least one new believer.
- Having led children, youth, college-age, or adult ministries in a local church.
- Make initial contact with the Candidate Development Office (CDO). You can do that a number of ways—select "Next Steps" to complete a preliminary questionnaire, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 877-284-3262. Any of these ways will create that initial connection that will let you begin to develop a relationship with us and us with you that will become the basis for those advising and developing discussions that will move you effectively through the process . . .
- If you are currently an accredited missionary candidate, please contact the Missionary Candidate Office (MCO) at email@example.com or 719-265-2036 and speak with the missionary candidate director to learn more about the MAP. Once you are recommended for the MAP, the MCO will work with you to identify a country, secure cost information, and walk with you through an approval process.
Take the Next Steps for serving as a missionary apprentice.