Transfer from Another Denomination
The steps below outline the process for ordained/consecrated workers from another recognized denomination to become licensed workers with The C&MA.
- Applicants will submit a completed application for ministry and a doctrinal questionnaire to the district superintendent of the district in which they seek to serve.
- Applicants will provide three personal references and a copy of their service history and ordination/consecration certificate from their former denomination.
- Applicants will demonstrate a commitment to the mission, vision, and distinctives of the C&MA and submission to constituted authority as defined by the C&MA.
- The distrct superintendent will arrange for an interview with the LO&CC. Applicants will be examined orally on the doctrinal distinctives, history, and polity of the C&MA and other matters the LO&CC may require.
- Approved applicants will complete an Alliance distinctives and polity course as provided by NCM. The LO&CC may require additional readings or papers at its discretion.
- If the LO&CC considers the qualifications and statements satisfactory, it may sustain the ordination/consecration.
- All transferring persons who are issued a license shall attend a New Official Workers Forum.
- If applicants are not ordained/consecrated, they must agree to work toward ordination/consecration according to the requirements in the Uniform Policy on Ordination and Consecration.
- Any expense associated with the application process will be borne by the applicant.