Those with a passion to serve as spiritual leaders serving in C&MA churches within the United States.
An official worker licensed by the district and officially recognized as an assistant spiritual leader of a C&MA church within the district. Must be designated as the job responsibility. Visit the Alliance Youth Web site for more information about Youth Ministry in the Alliance. Read a testimonial from an Alliance Youth Minister.
- Articulate a specific divine call to serve God in vocational Christian ministry.
- Evidence a godly and exemplary lifestyle as prescribed in 1 Timothy 3:1–7.
- Display a growing walk with God by developing the disciplines of prayer, worship, personal devotions, and the application of the Word to daily life and committing to lifelong learning.
- Demonstrate a passion for the lost in personal life and an ability to train others to reach the lost.
- Reflect a working knowledge of the Bible, biblical theology, hermeneutical principles, and Great Commission ministry.
- Understand and commit to the mission, vision, and distinctives of the C&MA and submit to constituted authority as defined by the C&MA.
- Abstain from alcohol and tobacco.*
- Abstain from any addictive practices (e.g., gambling, illegal drugs, and pornography).
- Submit a completed C&MA application for licensed ministry and a doctrinal questionnaire.
- Acquire approval for ministry through a national or district accreditation interview as administered by National Church Ministries (NCM).
- Maintain active current membership in a C&MA church. Any exception must have the approval of the district superintendent and the LO&CC.
*Abstinence by an official worker is a standard of personal conduct he/she sets as an example to others, in a culture where the abuse of alcohol and tobacco takes a heavy toll on individuals, families, and the larger community. A fuller rationale for this position is available from Church Ministries.
Contact us for academic requirements concerning youth ministry.
Take the Next Steps for serving in youth ministry.