Alan and Carol Clason
Prayer Letter/Ministry Update
It is exciting to see spring in Paris. It has been a long rainy winter and so to see people out walking the streets and enjoying the sunshine is wonderful. We are praying that this same freshness and joy will come into the spiritual lives of the people who we are connecting with, our church family and the seekers who we meet with. We had the privilege of baptizing two new believers on Easter Sunday; a young Chinese man who recently gave his life to Christ and a young American student who has been doing an internship in Paris for the past six months. What a joy it was to sit with both of them and hear how God has been working in their lives.
Spring can be a difficult time as well in an International Church. Many people who have worshiped with us throughout the school year are finishing their studies or their contract in Paris and returning to their home country. Please pray that God will send them back as missionaries wherever they are going and they will be used in new ways because of their time with us in Paris. We need you to pray with us for God to supply us with grace and courage to not be discouraged over this turnover but to see it as a great opportunity to send disciples around the world.
Prayer Requests/Answers to Prayer
Please pray with us for:
- David a young man who came to every session of our "Discover Christianity" class. He is open spiritually but that openness includes and interest in all things "spiritual" including the new age and fortune-telling and communicating with the dead. Pray that David will see Jesus as the absolute and the ever beautiful one.
- Pray for God to open doors to many divine appointments through the ministry of Genesis and Trinity throughout the summer months.
- Pray for "Herve" a newly married man who is also seeking. He says that he believes in God but not in Jesus. He recognizes his need to ask for forgiveness but has trouble believing that we are accepted by the grace of God. Pray for Herve.
- Pray for new outreach initiatives that we are planning through out ministry center "Genesis" which include language conversation classes to help people with their English and an intercultural couples outreach ministry, plus some music nights throughout the summer.
Pray for a two-week kids English camp that we have in the month of July. We are partnering with an initiative of GEM who is bringing many teams into France for the anniversary of the 100 year running of the "Tour de France." Pray for God to our English camp.
Pray for Trinity International leadership in the coming months as we begin to prepare the church for our going on home assignment in the summer of 2014. Pray for God's solution for the pastoral ministry of the church.
Pray for an outreach this summer planned in line with the one hundred year anniversary of the "Tour de France." A number of teams from other nations will come to minister in France. Pray that God will use them greatly to reach people with the good news and bring renewal to this land.
� The Great Commission Fund is the backbone of missionary support. Because of your faithful giving, we are able to minister in France without having to do a long deputation process to raise the funds to come and serve here. The Great Commission fund, supports us individually as well as our field budget and needs. You can give to support our ministry through the Great Commission Fund. Thank you in advance.
� All gifts should be clearly marked and sent to The CMA, PO Box 35000, Colorado Springs, CO 80935.
Updated: May 23, 2013
- Children's Names
- Field Assignment
- Country of Service
- 49 Blvd Lefebvre, 75015 Paris, FRANCE
The Alliance believes wholeheartedly in the power and necessity of prayer. We cannot “Live the Call Together” unless prayer is central to all we do—in our denomination, in our churches, and in our individual lives.
You can help build Christ’s Church around the world by donating online to the Great Commission Fund. This central funding vehicle allows our international workers to focus on ministry rather than raising financial support.
Is God calling you to full-time service? Do you want to participate in a short-term missions trip and experience missions work firsthand? We’re here to help you connect your passion with God’s purpose.