Alan and Carol Clason
Prayer Letter/Ministry Update
It has been a really cold spring and is supposed to be a colder than normal summer here in Paris. We are praying that the freshness and joy of spring/summer will come into the spiritual lives of the people who we are connecting with, our church family and the seekers who we meet with. Some of our leaders had the privilege of praying with a young Chinese gal for salvation. She visited the church for the first time and after expressing interest a couple of our female leaders took her aside, explained the gospel and prayed with her to receive Christ.
The beginning of summer can be a difficult time in an International Church. Many people who have worshiped with us throughout the school year are finishing their studies or their contract in Paris and returning to their home country. We have already said goodbye to many people who have been attached to the church for a long time. Please pray that God will send them back as missionaries wherever they are going and they will be used in new ways because of their time with us in Paris. We need you to pray with us for God to supply us with grace and courage to not be discouraged over this turnover but to see it as a great opportunity to send disciples around the world.
June 21 is a special "fete de la musique" a national holiday of music here in Paris. We will have some groups playing at our ministry center, Genesis during this time and are hoping to see people who come by to listen to the music connect with some of the other activities of Genesis; like English camps for kids, English conversation classes or inter-cultural workshops.
Prayer Requests/Answers to Prayer
Please pray with us for:
- Pray for God to open doors to many divine appointments through the ministry of Genesis and Trinity throughout the summer months.
- Pray for "Herve" a newly married man who is also seeking. He says that he believes in God but not in Jesus. He recognizes his need to ask for forgiveness but has trouble believing that we are accepted by the grace of God. Pray for Herve.
- Pray for new outreach initiatives that we are planning through out ministry center "Genesis" which include language conversation classes to help people with their English and an intercultural couples outreach ministry, plus some music nights throughout the summer.
Pray for a two-week kids English camp that we have in the month of July. We are partnering with an initiative of GEM who is bringing many teams into France for the anniversary of the 100 year running of the "Tour de France." Pray for God to our English camp.
Pray for Trinity International leadership in the coming months as we begin to prepare the church for our going on home assignment in the summer of 2014. Pray for God's solution for the pastoral ministry of the church.
Pray for an outreach this summer planned in line with the one hundred year anniversary of the "Tour de France." A number of teams from other nations will come to minister in France. Pray that God will use them greatly to reach people with the good news and bring renewal to this land.
- David a young man who came to every session of our "Discover Christianity" class. He is open spiritually but that openness includes and interest in all things "spiritual" including the new age and fortune-telling and communicating with the dead. Pray that David will see Jesus as the absolute and the ever beautiful one.
� The Great Commission Fund is the backbone of missionary support. Because of your faithful giving, we are able to minister in France without having to do a long deputation process to raise the funds to come and serve here. The Great Commission fund, supports us individually as well as our field budget and needs. You can give to support our ministry through the Great Commission Fund. Thank you in advance.
� All gifts should be clearly marked and sent to The CMA, PO Box 35000, Colorado Springs, CO 80935.
Updated: May 29, 2013
- Children's Names
- Field Assignment
- Country of Service
- 49 Blvd Lefebvre, 75015 Paris, FRANCE
The Alliance believes wholeheartedly in the power and necessity of prayer. We cannot “Live the Call Together” unless prayer is central to all we do—in our denomination, in our churches, and in our individual lives. Pray with us »
Is God calling you to full-time service? Do you want to participate in a short-term missions trip and experience missions work firsthand? We’re here to help you connect your passion with God’s purpose. Serve with The Alliance »