Richard and Wendy S Herring
Prayer Letter/Ministry Update
The Lord is good all the time. Here's some evidence from our family and ministry!
• Natalie. In direct answer to prayer, Natalie got a job as the International Parent Liaison in the department of admissions at the New International School of Thailand (NIST). She is doing well in her new position. After having her own place in Bangkok for the past two years, she has moved back in with us. It’s great to see her more often.
• Tamara. With the Lord’s help, Tamara successfully completed her first semester of serving as Resident Assistant in a woman’s dorm at Nyack College. She also now has a job in the admissions office.
• Richard and Wendy. As the C&MA Regional Leadership Couple for the Asia and Pacific Region, we’re enormously privileged to be supportive of, and in some cases just watch and pray for, the great work that God is doing in so many different places. Here are just a few examples:
Wonderful open doors for a brand new initiative in the tsunami ravaged area of Tohoku, northeast, Japan.
A growing responsiveness among the unreached Taiwanese working class people in Yunlin County, central Taiwan.
An impressive first-ever outdoor prayer meeting in downtown Bangkok, sanctioned by the government, held on the Royal Grounds, led by top Thai Christian leaders, and attended by thousands.
Significant progress in establishing new groups of Christ-followers among least reached people groups scattered across one Asian nation.
Many finding new life in Christ in previously war-torn Cambodia.
Members of difficult to reach people groups in another Asian nation encountering the living Christ as they study the Word of God together.
Scores of Vietnamese Christians celebrating 100 years of advance in a jam-packed Da Nang indoor stadium, built for 15,000 people. It was truly inspiring to join them there!
Plans shaping up for the 2013 launch of an exciting, but very challenging, new initiative in another very needy Asian country.
Prayer Requests/Answers to Prayer
Please join us in prayer for:
1. All four of us. A much deeper personal relationship with the Lord. Jesus said, blessed are those who hunger and thirst after righteousness. We want to hunger and thirst to know Him better and live according to His will for all of us.
2. Natalie. Increased understanding, ability, and success in her new job. Also direction from the Lord regarding the possibility of future (within the next five years) graduate study in the US.
3. Tamara. Direction from the Lord regarding this coming summer of 2012 and being able to balance being an RA and doing coursework.
4. Richard and Wendy. God’s wisdom and discernment in 2012 for every challenge that comes with being the Asia and Pacific Regional Leadership Couple, safety in many miles of travel, and good health throughout the year.
5. The Great Commission Fund (GCF) of the Alliance. Growth of the GCF, which will enable even greater Kingdom advance. As the Lord leads you, please continue giving to the GCF. Funds can be sent to: The Christian and Missionary Alliance PO Box 35000, Colorado Springs, CO 80935-3500, clearly marked: Herring Support. We’d like to appeal to anyone who has never given to the GCF to consider beginning. It’s through the GCF that many hundreds of Alliance workers, and their vital ministries around the world, are supported, and that includes us! We are able to continue our ministry, and live in Thailand, only through the GCF.
May each day of your 2012 be blessed and let us know how we can pray for you.
Richard and Wendy
Updated: February 14, 2012
- Field Assignment
- Country of Service
The Alliance believes wholeheartedly in the power and necessity of prayer. We cannot “Live the Call Together” unless prayer is central to all we do—in our denomination, in our churches, and in our individual lives.
You can help build Christ’s Church around the world by donating online to the Great Commission Fund. This central funding vehicle allows our international workers to focus on ministry rather than raising financial support.
Is God calling you to full-time service? Do you want to participate in a short-term missions trip and experience missions work firsthand? We’re here to help you connect your passion with God’s purpose.