Generator Explosion Causes House Fire

house destroyed by fireAlliance workers are safe after a generator exploded at a house belonging to The Alliance in Sentani, Indonesia, causing a fire that then spread to the Alliance guest home. A Mission Aviation Fellowship (MAF) couple was renting the home where the fire started; they are unharmed but lost everything.

Both fire extinguishers at the house failed to work. The phone at the fire station was out of order, resulting in a delayed response.

“Thankfully, the scores of children in the neighborhood were kept at a safe distance from the fire,” Alliance worker Patty Jordan wrote. “Also, the storage rooms at the guest house [which contained property of Alliance team members] did not burn.

“We’re grateful for Jesus’ presence and comfort.”

Pray for God’s peace, comfort, and provision for the MAF family. Pray, too, for Alliance workers in the aftermath of this crisis.


Get Involved...


We cannot “Live the Call Together” unless prayer is central to all we do.
Pray with us »


Is God calling you to service? We’re here to help you connect your passion with God’s purpose.
Serve with The Alliance »


Help build Christ’s Church by supporting the ministry and workers of The Alliance.
Give today »