Worship and Youth Ministries
Ohio Valley District C&MA
This 900+ Church is looking for a dual-role Pastor! Our Lead Pastor and Executive Pastor of Strategy and Operations would love to hear from you if you love to lead worship and have a passion for reaching and discipling the college and young adult generation! We are a church in an exciting season of growth and expectation. If you have congregational worship and college/young adult leadership experience and would thrive in a multi-staff, strategic and Spirit led environment, read on! Pastor of Worship Ministries and Young Adult Connections The Pastor of Worship Ministries and Young Adult Connections will be a dual focused role. Approximately 75% of time and energy and focus will be devoted to the worship portion of the role while the other 25% would be devoted to young adult (college and early career) connections and ministry. This position is in a 900+ church with multiple pastors and director level staff that is excited about our future! Worship Ministries component: This pastor would be responsible for developing a cohesive sound and voice for the music ministry (worship team, service creativity, service design, use of lay people, lighting, video and sound) on Sunday mornings. The goal would be a broad reach and consistent high quality as part of our worship experience. We would expect a broader generational appeal with modern sound as well as a continued depth in theological message. This person would likely lead the worship music the vast majority of the time while incorporating many lay people on teams. Young Adult Ministry component: This pastor would also be responsible for developing a vibrant young adult ministry that welcomes young adults and helps engage them in Sunday worship as well as in another weekly discipleship forum. They would provide a consistent point person for this ministry. Young adults include students who attend local colleges, young single adults who are early in career, and students who have graduated from our high school ministry who may or may not attend college locally or elsewhere. This would be built from the ground up. Job focus would be as follows. Worship: • Creative service design for the weekly Sunday service with special attention to the congregational music and worship team responsibilities • Implementation of appropriate video, light and sound use for stage, sanctuary, and services • Sanctuary stage set-up and decor • Thematic music and creative support for the sermon series or season • Raising up capable and talented lay leaders without sacrifice of style or quality • Developing and training a cache of talented lay people in both voice and instruments and scheduling them to serve, leading them in weekly practice • Training sound, video, and light technicians and training/scheduling them to serve College: • Making connections with all local colleges through campus leadership as appropriate for churches to get inroads into the student population. • Increasing awareness of our church on local campuses as a place welcoming students to worship • Oversee the Implementation of a weekly gathering (based on research and interest) for college students to attend in addition to the main Sunday service. This could be a large group, small group, worship time or other forum either on Sunday morning or another time. The focus of this would be generationally effective methods of discipling this group. • Connect church families with college students as needed for relationships, home cooked meals, mentoring, rides to Sunday services as desired and raising up our adults as lay leaders for the weekly gathering as needed. • Create and oversee a college ministry team of lay people. Other expectations: This role will report to the Lead Pastor and work closely with him. Position will be full-time with an expectation of 40 hours of work per week and salary based on experience. Benefits will be commensurate to other full time pastoral staff. Technology systems and solutions will be coordinated with IT in order to assure networking reliability, equipment maintenance and upgrades, and systems compatibility Educational requirements: • Should hold a bachelor’s degree. • Experience on church worship team(s) would be expected as well as past experience leading worship in college or church ministry. • Will be or become licensed in the OVD of the C&MA with goal of eventual ordination if desired or needed. • Needs expertise in computer technology, lighting, sound and instrumentation systems. • Must be able to sing and play the lead instrument well. Basic knowledge of other instruments and appropriate gear expected. Please reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org or 208-305-6688
Is God calling you to service? We’re here to help you connect your passion with God’s purpose.
Serve with The Alliance »