The Christian and Missionary Alliance (C&MA) is committed to doing missions well. By the power of the Holy Spirit, we join Him in His work to restore and reconcile lost and broken people to Himself.
Every follower of Jesus has a part to play in fulfilling the Great Commission. Here are some practical and effective ways you can help without spending a lot of money.
1. Learn your district’s international workers’ names and where they serve. Alliance international workers reside in more than 60 countries. Find your district.
2. Pray for Alliance prayer requests, which are updated weekly. Written prayers based on Scripture are included for each region Alliance missions touches.
3. Tweet, post, and share compelling stories and videos of Alliance missions. Click to tweet this story right now: A @cmalliance worker overcomes her fear of contracting an incurable illness to share Christ’s hope with a dying man. http://bit.ly/2jCLpMT
4. Subscribe to Alliance Life* and invite a friend to do the same. This bimonthly publication tells stories of God at work through The Alliance worldwide.
5. Start a conversation around the dinner table: “Would you rather witness to your neighbor or in another country, while using a translator?”
6. Pray for peoples of the world who most lack access to the gospel. To receive a monthly prayer focus for the peoples of the world, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. January’s focus is on the Bambara people of Mali, West Africa. Only about 1 percent have responded to the gospel so far.
7. Host a car wash or bake sale, and give the proceeds to The Alliance, a member of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA) since 1988.
What’s Your Idea?
How do you and your church champion Alliance missions? Let us know by e-mailing Martha Krienke, managing editor of Alliance Life, at email@example.com.
*Anyone who attends an Alliance church can receive Alliance Life magazine for free.