Steve and Claudia Irvin
Prayer Letter/Ministry Update
Welcome to our web page! A little bit about us: Following a pastorate in Titusville, FL, we served with The Alliance for 26 years in Latin America in Colombia and Argentina, before accepting a call to pastor a church in Toronto, Canada for three years, and then served as interim pastor at Tabernaculo de la Fe church (our sending church) in Orlando, FL. Since January 2013 we are engaged as International Workers in Madrid, Spain in Bible Institute teaching, mentoring of leaders, and evangelism. We have four adult children and six grandchildren. Pray for us that God would continue to form us daily into the image of Christ, even as He would use us to see many come to Christ and follow Him as Lord and Savior.
IRVIN UPDATE/February 2016
GEARING UP WITH ANTICIPATION
“I took you from the ends the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. I said, ‘You are my servant;’ I have chosen you and have not rejected you. So do not fear for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” (Isaiah 41:9-10)
12- Disciple-makers whom to mentor.
3- New pastors to emerge from the Bible Institute (INFORMA).
3- People groups in which to see spiritual fruit: Latin American immigrants, North African immigrants, and Spaniards.
January has been a month of intense focus as we gear up for ministry responsibilities on the horizon in this new year. We look back on 2015 with gratitude for God’s blessing and sustaining us at every turn. Thank you for praying for us. You can read our Annual Report here.
What does it mean for us to gear up in 2016? Most notably, it has meant preparation for Bible Institute (INFORMA) modules that begin February 1. It is preparation in prayerful study and course design. The module on the Book of Revelation, by itself, is enough to keep one on his knees before the Lord!
But gearing up for the future happens in the midst of present ministry activities that form, what one colleague has called, our “ministry rhythms” that week-in and week-out are part of our agenda. For Claudia, this includes teaching twice weekly in an English institute where she seeks to share Christ through the teacher-student relationships she has formed, teaching discipleship classes on Tuesday’s and Sunday’s, as well as mentoring women in leadership regularly. For Steve, he often preaches in different churches, participates in mentoring disciple-makers with Claudia, carries on correspondence with co-laborers in different countries to encourage them in their lives and ministry, and meets Saturday mornings at 5:30 am with a group of men who want to grow in Christ.
These ministry rhythms are often punctuated with personal encounters with nonbelievers with whom we seek to share the gospel, as well as teaching and speaking commitments, with their accompanying travel. Please pray for us as we live out these punctuated ministry rhythms in the coming days and weeks:
February 1-12: INFORMA modules in Madrid and Barcelona on the Book of Revelation. Ask the Lord to fill Steve with the Holy Spirit for this course. Pray that the Lord would grant the students a fresh vision of Christ, our Coming King, and call them to faithful perseverance as they await the Day of His glorious appearing.
February 28-March 14: Both of us will travel to the Canary Islands (Claudia for one week) where we will be encouraging pastors and wives, and where Steve will teach Homiletics (the art and science of preaching) in the first INFORMA module to be held there. Ask the Lord to use this course to instill in the hearts of the students a passion for preaching the Word of God clearly and compellingly.
Thank you for standing with us before the Lord in prayer.
All for Jesus Until He Comes!
Steve and Claudia Irvin
Information about the work in Spain:
A Prayer for Spain (Includes stirring videos for use in prayer meetings)
Praying for Spain
We are supported by your faithful contributions to the Great Commission Fund of The Christian and Missionary Alliance, 8595 Explorer Drive, Colorado Springs, CO 80920, or online.
Prayer Requests/Answers to Prayer
We request your prayers for the following ministry opportunities:
- For Claudia's ministry in discipleship classes at Alianza de Amor church. Ask the Lord to fill her with His Spirit as she seeks to make disciples who make disciples.
- For a neighbor with whom Claudia has developed a friendship. Ask the Lord to give Claudia open doors for proclaiming the Good News of Jesus with her friend with boldness and clarity.
- France: For the Paris team as they initiate a strategy of missional communities with a view of reaching French-speakers with the gospel of Christ.
- Madrid and Barcelona: February 1-12, Steve will be teaching Bible Institute (INFORMA) modules on the Book of Revelation. Pray that the Lord would grant the students a fresh vision of Christ, our Coming King, and call them to faithful perseverance as they await the Day of His glorious appearing.
- Canary Islands: February 28-March 14 we will be encouraging pastors and wives, and Steve will be teaching Homiletics (the art and science of preaching) in the first INFORMA module to be held there. Ask the Lord to use this course to instill in the hearts of the students a passion for preaching the Word of God clearly and compellingly.
- Moroccan Arabic Speakers: One of our colleagues here in Spain is leading a translation team for the Days with Jesus (DWJ) mentoring tool that is based on the Jesus Film. DWJ has been translated into various languages. Pray for our colleague as the team is in the proof-reading stage, just prior to the voice recording stage. Ask the Lord to use this tool to speak into the lives of many Moroccan Arabic speakers.
- Please pray with us:
That our one overriding passion would be Christ Himself. That we would seek above all His Name and Renown, His Glory and Honor, His Majesty and His Kingdom. That He would lead us to drink deeply of the Holy Spirit and would daily grant us fresh empowerment to walk in holiness, to love Him with our whole heart, mind, and strength, and to serve Him faithfully. That we would be used by God to hasten the coming of Christ as we await His glorious return when He will establish His kingdom and set things right. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.
Praise the Lord.
Updated: January 25, 2016
- Children's Names
- Field Assignment
- Country of Service
Is God calling you to service? We’re here to help you connect your passion with God’s purpose.
Serve with The Alliance »