Steve and Claudia Irvin
Prayer Letter/Ministry Update
Welcome to our web page! A little bit about us: Following a pastorate in Titusville, FL, we served with The Alliance for 26 years in Latin America in Colombia and Argentina, before accepting a call to pastor a church in Toronto, Canada for three years, and then served as interim pastor at Tabernaculo de la Fe church (our sending church) in Orlando, FL. Since January 2013 we are engaged as International Workers in Madrid, Spain in Bible Institute teaching, mentoring of leaders, and evangelism. We have four adult children and six grandchildren. Pray for us that God would continue to form us daily into the image of Christ, even as He would use us to see many come to Christ and follow Him as Lord and Savior.
IRVIN UPDATE/February 26, 2014
“Put out into the Deep:” Believing God to Work beyond the Imaginable
“I took you from the ends the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. I said, ‘You are my servant;’ I have chosen you and have not rejected you. So do not fear for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” (Isaiah 41:9-10)
12- Disciple-makers whom to mentor.
3- New pastors to emerge from the Bible Institute (INFORMA).
3- People groups in which to see spiritual fruit: Latin American immigrants, North African immigrants, and Spaniards.
We stand at the threshold of the month-long evangelistic effort with the Trio Mar del Plata, slated to begin March 27th. A year of preparation is now down to the final countdown of seemingly endless logistical detail. We dream of the Lord lighting evangelistic passion in our churches, and of glorifying Himself in bringing many to Christ as wholly-devoted disciples. Like Peter’s encounter with Jesus on the shores of the Galilee, workers have labored long and hard for years without seeing much fruit. And Jesus says, “Put out into the deep water” (Luke 5:4).
Stepping out in faith inevitably fires our imagination of what God can do. Yet through history He has delighted in revealing His glory by going beyond the imaginable. Peter and his associates were pessimistic, yet the Lord gave them a catch beyond their wildest imagination. But they had to push out into the deep to see it happen.
We have designated March 23, 2014, the Sunday prior to the first concert, as the International Day of Prayer for the Trio Mar del Plata Europe Outreach. We are asking all the participating churches and teams in Spain, Portugal and Italy to focus prayer that day in their worship services on asking God for a spiritual breakthrough in our countries, and that He would glorify His Name though this “deep-water” effort. Would you join with us in fervent prayer?
The Trio's tour begins in Madrid. From there it’s on to Valongo, Portugal where the Lord has stirred the church-planting team go out into deep water and rent a local auditorium in order to invite the public to the meetings. After returning to Madrid, the Trio goes on to Ancona, Italy for a series of concerts that will boost the evangelistic ministry of this flagship church of the C&MA in Italy. After returning to Spain, the Trio will be Granada, Barcelona, and Madrid. There are 25 presentations scheduled in this one month. Pray for God anointing and strength upon His servants.
Thank you for standing with us. Pray with us as we cast out into deep. May the Lord display His glory and do above and beyond all that we can ask or imagine. We will keep you posted.
All for Jesus Until He Comes!
Steve and Claudia Irvin
Calle del Planeta Urano, 2 Portal 3 Piso 5D
28983 Parla, Madrid
We are supported by your faithful contributions to the Great Commission Fund of The Christian and Missionary Alliance, PO Box 35000, Colorado Springs, CO 80935, or online at http://www.cmalliance.org/give/.
If the Lord would lay it on your heart, you can designate gifts to “Trio Mar del Plata: Europe Outreach.” Those funds will help us cover travel costs, follow-up materials, publicity, and training for local church teams. Accounts are set up at C&MA National offices in the US (Colorado Springs) and in Canada (http://www.cmacan.org/).
Prayer Requests/Answers to Prayer
- We are entering the final countdown for the coming of the Trío Mar del Plata on March 27th. In the month of evangelistic outreach, the Trío will give 25 presentations. Pray for the teams in in Spain, Portugal, and Italy that are working on all the preparations. Ask the Lord to light a fire for evangelism in our hearts. Pray for the Spirit's moving to draw many to Christ and to give lasting fruit.
- Pray for Steve and Pablo Papávero as they conduct training workshops for local church teams charged with the preparations and follow-up of the meetings with the Trio Mar del Plata. This month's workshops: March 2nd in Comunidad de Oración, the 8th in Yuncos, the 15th in Granada.
- The Lord has given Claudia 20 English students! Pray for Claudia as she teaches twice-weekly classes, in addition to tutoring one Spaniard. Pray for open doors to clearly share the gospel.
- Praise the Lord for His helping Steve when he taught the course on the Book of Revelation the Bible Institute in February. The Lord answered prayer by inspiring many of the students with the awe of His glory revealed in Revelation, and by leading students to worship the Great King who is coming again.
- Praise the Lord for the team of mentors He has raised up for us to work with in Alianza de Amor. These "mentors" facilitate the Basic Truths small group studies on Tuesday nights and Sunday mornings. Ask the Lord to mold us all into those who make disciples that make disciples of others.
-Cry out to the Lord for Spain, that God would open the heart of Spaniards and of immigrants to the good news of Christ. Spain has never known a revival or a spiritual awakening. Even with the country mired in economic crisis, hearts of many remain hardened. Pray for a divine breakthrough. Pray for God's mercy. Pray for Spain!
- Pray for Steve as he compiles and edits materials from MentorLink (www.mentorlink.org) in order to make them available freely through the Spanish-language MentorLink “Institute of Leadership and Mentoring." These materials, designed for use by mentors in a small-group context, help participants explore what it means to lead like Jesus. The Institute will not only meet a significant need in the formation of leaders, it will also provide churches and Christian organizations with downloadable materials they can use in their own setting with no charge.
Praise the Lord.
Updated: February 26, 2014
- Children's Names
- Field Assignment
- Country of Service
- Calle de Planeta Urano
- 2 Portal 3, Piso 5D
- 28983 Parla, Madrid,
Is God calling you to service? We’re here to help you connect your passion with God’s purpose.
Serve with The Alliance »