Steve and Claudia Irvin
Prayer Letter/Ministry Update
Welcome to our web page! A little bit about us: Following a pastorate in Titusville, FL, we served with The Alliance for 26 years in Latin America in Colombia and Argentina, before accepting a call to pastor a church in Toronto, Canada for three years, and then served as interim pastor at Tabernaculo de la Fe church (our sending church) in Orlando, FL. Since January 2013 we are engaged as International Workers in Madrid, Spain in Bible Institute teaching, mentoring of leaders, and evangelism. We have four adult children and six grandchildren. Pray for us that God would continue to form us daily into the image of Christ, even as He would use us to see many come to Christ and follow Him as Lord and Savior.
IRVIN UPDATE/October-November 2014
OPPORTUNITIES IN PERU AND A GIFT IN MADRID
“I took you from the ends the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. I said, ‘You are my servant;’ I have chosen you and have not rejected you. So do not fear for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” (Isaiah 41:9-10)
12- Disciple-makers whom to mentor.
3- New pastors to emerge from the Bible Institute (INFORMA).
3- People groups in which to see spiritual fruit: Latin American immigrants, North African immigrants, and Spaniards.
Open doors can be both exciting and daunting. That is the way I feel as, after weeks of preparation, I leave for ministry in Peru, October 15-31. Exciting because of the opportunity to minister to numbers of pastors and leaders, as well as to hundreds of Bible conference participants; this trip is also a bit daunting because the schedule is exacting and the expectations are high. As this wide door of opportunity lies before us, would you please pray with us as we believe God for His blessing?
Regional leadership gathering of some 80 C&MA pastors and leaders in Arequipa, Peru. See the promotional banner here. This packed weekend will focus on learning to lead like Jesus, and to develop other Christ-like leaders through mentoring. An added bonus is that five leaders from Paraguay will be joining us. My colleague Carlos Cardona from Medellín, Colombia will also be accompanying me in the teaching.
We have three goals for which you can pray: 1) communicate an inspiring vision of Christ-like leadership, 2) engage participants in some hands-on mentoring practice, and 3) train them in some helpful tools for mentoring leaders and for training other mentors. Ask the Lord bring lasting changes in the lives of many leaders, and to use them to raise up leaders for the Kingdom.
After a day of rest, preach nightly in two churches in Arequipa, as well as meet with pastors and leaders during the day.
Preaching and teaching in the Christian Bible Church in La Molina, Lima. The theme of the conference is "Discipleship in the Family." The church is mobilizing to invite friends to the meetings. Each message will be gospel-centered and will end with an invitation to trust in Christ as Lord and Savior. Apart from preaching four times on Sunday, I'll be preaching nightly and have morning training sessions Tuesday-Thursday. Pray for strength and anointing. Ask the Lord to draw many people to Himself even as He builds His church.
On another note, some of you have prayed for Za, our Middle-Eastern friend here in Madrid, whom the Lord is drawing to Himself. Claudia contacted her at the beginning of October to tell her we had a gift for her. She was in the worship service that first Sunday.
She came to greet us and we reminded her we had a gift for her. I told her it was the most precious gift we could give her. A puzzled look came over her face. We then handed her a copy of the Bible written in her native Farsi tongue. She was speechless, sat on the steps leading up to the platform, and wept with joy as she received this gift of God’s Word in her own language. Praise the Lord for His servants who translate His Word. Pray for Za that the Word of God would take firm root in her heart, and that she may know the gift of eternal life in Christ.
All for Jesus Until He Comes!
Steve and Claudia Irvin
We are supported by your faithful contributions to the Great Commission Fund of The Christian and Missionary Alliance, PO Box 35000, Colorado Springs, CO 80935, or online.
Prayer Requests/Answers to Prayer
- Pray for Steve as he ministers for two weeks in Peru, October 15-31. He will be preaching, facilitating leadership development seminars, and casting a vision for Christ-like leadership and for developing leaders through mentoring.
- Pray for Claudia's English classes. The curriculum she uses is Bible-based. Ask the Lord to grant to her discernment and boldness in sharing Christ.
- Pray for Steve's next Bible Institute (INFORMA) class, November 4-8 in Madrid, and the 11th-15th in Barcelona. He will be teaching "Methods of Bible Study."
- Praise the Lord for the team of mentors He has raised up for us to work with in Alianza de Amor Church. These "mentors" facilitate the Basic Truths small group studies on Tuesday nights and Sunday mornings. Ask the Lord to mold us all into those who make disciples that make disciples of others.
- Pray for Steve as he compiles and edits materials in order to make them available freely through the Spanish-language MentorLink “Institute of Leadership and Mentoring." These materials, designed for use by mentors in a small-group context, help participants explore what it means to lead like Jesus. The Institute will not only meet a significant need in the formation of leaders, it will also provide churches and Christian organizations with downloadable materials they can use in their own setting at no charge.
Praise the Lord.
Updated: October 14, 2014
- Children's Names
- Field Assignment
- Country of Service
- Calle de Planeta Urano, 2
- Portal 3 Piso 5D
- 28983 Parla, Madrid,
Is God calling you to service? We’re here to help you connect your passion with God’s purpose.
Serve with The Alliance »