Steve and Claudia Irvin
Prayer Letter/Ministry Update
Welcome to our web page! A little bit about us: Following a pastorate in Titusville, FL, we served with The Alliance for 26 years in Latin America in Colombia and Argentina, before accepting a call to pastor a church in Toronto, Canada for three years, and then served as interim pastor at Tabernaculo de la Fe church (our sending church) in Orlando, FL. Since January 2013 we are engaged as International Workers in Madrid, Spain in Bible Institute teaching, mentoring of leaders, and evangelism. We have four adult children and six grandchildren. Pray for us that God would continue to form us daily into the image of Christ, even as He would use us to see many come to Christ and follow Him as Lord and Savior.
IRVIN UPDATE/January 2015
THE RENEWAL OF PASSION
“I took you from the ends the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. I said, ‘You are my servant;’ I have chosen you and have not rejected you. So do not fear for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” (Isaiah 41:9-10)
12- Disciple-makers whom to mentor.
3- New pastors to emerge from the Bible Institute (INFORMA).
3- People groups in which to see spiritual fruit: Latin American immigrants, North African immigrants, and Spaniards.
We will soon mark the midpoint of our four-year term in Spain. We end 2014 with praise for the Lord’s blessing on the ministry He gave us in different countries, in evangelistic endeavors, in leadership development, and in Bible Institute teaching. You can see our annual report here.
We reflect on this past year with rejoicing and gratitude. Going into the New Year, we are believing God to renew our passion, even as He continues to open wide doors of opportunity for us. Please pray with us:
That our one overriding passion would be Christ Himself. That we would seek above all His Name and Renown, His Glory and Honor, His Majesty and His Kingdom. That He would lead us to drink deeply of the Holy Spirit and would daily grant us fresh empowerment to walk in holiness, to love Him with our whole heart, mind, and strength, and to serve Him faithfully. That we would be used by God to hasten the coming of Christ as we await His glorious return when He will establish His kingdom and set things right. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.
The month of January sees us begin 2015 with two ministry trips outside of Spain.
January 5-8: Pastors retreat in Florence, Italy. For the first time pastors and workers and their families from the different Alliance churches in Italy are coming together for days of spiritual refreshment and mutual encouragement. This recent Alliance Life article gives a good overview of the challenging work in Italy. Pray that God would meet us all there in a special way to bring encouragement, unity of spirit, and spiritual renewal. Ask the Lord to fill Claudia and me with the Holy Spirit as we minister to the servants of the Lord in that country.
January 12-17: Bible Institute teaching in Manchester, England. Steve will be teaching in English to a group of 9 students. The course is Introduction to the New Testament. Ask the Lord for His help and wisdom. Pray that God would work to ignite in the students a passion to study and to apply the New Testament to their lives and ministries.
Thank you for standing with us in prayer. We are kept on the field financially by your gifts to the Great Commission Fund. The Alliance is committed to using with integrity and careful stewardship the financial resources God entrusts to it. It’s in this spirit that for our field operations this fiscal year, we’re getting 3% less than was originally anticipated at the beginning of this fiscal year. The reason for this is to live with what God graciously provides. We thank Him for His faithful provision and invite continuing, sacrificial support for Alliance missions. Thank you!
All for Jesus Until He Comes!
Steve and Claudia Irvin
We are supported by your faithful contributions to the Great Commission Fund of The Christian and Missionary Alliance, 8595 Explorer Drive, Colorado Springs, CO 80920, or online.
Prayer Requests/Answers to Prayer
- Pray for the retreat of Alliance pastors in Italy, scheduled for January 5-8 in Florence. Both of us have been invited to minister to the pastors, and their wives and families during those days. Ask the Lord to minister His grace powerfully to each one.
- Pray for the Bible Institute course that Steve will be teaching in Manchester, England, January 12-17. Ask the Lord for His help and wisdom, and that He would ignite in the students a passion to study and to apply the New Testament to their lives and ministries.
- Praise the Lord for His grace and comfort following the passing away of Claudia's mom, Carol Conn.You can read her obituary here. Godliness with contentment is great gain (I Timothy 6:6).
- Pray for Claudia as she re-focuses her ministry to emphasize evangelism in our neighborhood and mentoring of women.
- Pray for Steve's teaching in INFORMA Bible Institute in Madrid and Barcelona, February 3-14.
- Pray for Steve as he compiles and edits materials in order to make them available freely through the Spanish-language MentorLink “Institute of Leadership and Mentoring." These materials, designed for use by mentors in a small-group context, help participants explore what it means to lead like Jesus. The Institute will not only meet a significant need in the formation of leaders, it will also provide churches and Christian organizations with downloadable materials they can use in their own setting at no charge.
Praise the Lord.
Updated: December 31, 2014
- Children's Names
- Field Assignment
- Country of Service
- Calle de Planeta Urano, 2
- Portal 3 Piso 5D
- 28983 Parla, Madrid,
Is God calling you to service? We’re here to help you connect your passion with God’s purpose.
Serve with The Alliance »