Steve and Claudia Irvin
Prayer Letter/Ministry Update
Welcome to our web page! A little bit about us: Following a pastorate in Titusville, FL, we served with The Alliance for 26 years in Latin America in Colombia and Argentina, before accepting a call to pastor a church in Toronto, Canada for three years, and then served as interim pastor at Tabernaculo de la Fe church (our sending church) in Orlando, FL. Since January 2013 we are engaged as International Workers in Madrid, Spain in Bible Institute teaching, mentoring of leaders, and evangelism. We have four adult children and six grandchildren. Pray for us that God would continue to form us daily into the image of Christ, even as He would use us to see many come to Christ and follow Him as Lord and Savior.
IRVIN UPDATE/November-December 2014
REJOICING AND MOURNING
“I took you from the ends the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. I said, ‘You are my servant;’ I have chosen you and have not rejected you. So do not fear for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” (Isaiah 41:9-10)
12- Disciple-makers whom to mentor.
3- New pastors to emerge from the Bible Institute (INFORMA).
3- People groups in which to see spiritual fruit: Latin American immigrants, North African immigrants, and Spaniards.
These are days of mixed emotions. Claudia’s mom, Carol Conn, passed into the presence of the Lord on November 7. She would have been 97 years old next month. She served the Lord in Ecuador, along with her husband, Gerald, for 34 years. The last time Claudia spoke with her, Mom said, "I'm happy to be alive, and I'm happy to go when the Lord calls me." Ready to go, willing to stay. A true missionary heart.
We are putting together travel plans to make it for the funeral on Sunday, November 16. I travel tomorrow for Barcelona where I teach a module in the Bible Institute. The tentative plan is for Claudia to fly out from Madrid, and for me to follow on Saturday from Barcelona. Please pray for us as we walk through all the details. And for our children who will join us for their grandmother’s funeral.
These events come on the heels of great rejoicing for the Lord’s working during my ministry trip to Peru, October 15-31. At the regional leadership retreat in Arequipa, we were expecting 80-90 attendees. A total of 147 came from the southern region of the country, including four from Paraguay. The focus of the meetings was on Christ-like leadership and developing leaders through mentoring.
During the event, there was evidence of brokenness and of seeking the Lord in the lives of many. In two of the plenary sessions the altar was full as people confessed sin and sought Christ for His work of grace in their lives. The final session on Sunday afternoon was on servant leadership. We closed with a foot washing ceremony that was marked by tears and a sense of the Lord's presence as dozens of pastors and leaders demonstrated their desire to live as servant leaders. You can see photos of the event here.
After ministering in churches in Arequipa, it was on to Lima where I preached in two churches in La Molina. The theme of the week was "Discipleship in the Family." In every public meeting, there was response to the invitation to receive Christ. On Wednesday night, an entire family of four walked hand-in-hand to the front to express their desire to follow Christ. Praise the Lord! Thank you for praying for Claudia and me during these two very blessed weeks of ministry.
For standing with us before the Throne of Grace, we thank you. In rejoicing or in mourning, Jesus is Lord.
All for Jesus Until He Comes!
Steve and Claudia Irvin
We are supported by your faithful contributions to the Great Commission Fund of The Christian and Missionary Alliance, PO Box 35000, Colorado Springs, CO 80935, or online.
Prayer Requests/Answers to Prayer
- Please pray for Claudia and all the family as we mourn the passing of Carol Conn, "Mom." . The funeral is scheduled for November 16.
- Praise the Lord for His grace in Steve's life as he taught the module of "Methods of Bible Study" in Madrid. Pray for the Barcelona module, November 11-15.
- Praise the Lord for His many blessings during the ministry effort in Peru in October. (See above prayer letter for details)
- Pray for the retreat of Alliance pastors in Italy, scheduled for January 5-8 in Florence. Both of us have been invited to minister to the pastors, and their wives and families during those days. Ask the Lord to minister His grace powerfully to each one.
- Pray for Steve as he compiles and edits materials in order to make them available freely through the Spanish-language MentorLink “Institute of Leadership and Mentoring." These materials, designed for use by mentors in a small-group context, help participants explore what it means to lead like Jesus. The Institute will not only meet a significant need in the formation of leaders, it will also provide churches and Christian organizations with downloadable materials they can use in their own setting at no charge.
Praise the Lord.
Updated: November 10, 2014
- Children's Names
- Field Assignment
- Country of Service
- Calle de Planeta Urano, 2
- Portal 3 Piso 5D
- 28983 Parla, Madrid,
Is God calling you to service? We’re here to help you connect your passion with God’s purpose.
Serve with The Alliance »