Steve and Claudia Irvin
Prayer Letter/Ministry Update
Welcome to our web page! A little bit about us: Following a pastorate in Titusville, FL, we served with The Alliance for 26 years in Latin America in Colombia and Argentina, before accepting a call to pastor a church in Toronto, Canada for three years, and then served as interim pastor at Tabernaculo de la Fe church (our sending church) in Orlando, FL. Since January 2013 we are engaged as International Workers in Madrid, Spain in Bible Institute teaching, mentoring of leaders, and evangelism. We have four adult children and six grandchildren. Pray for us that God would continue to form us daily into the image of Christ, even as He would use us to see many come to Christ and follow Him as Lord and Savior.
IRVIN UPDATE/October-November 2015
WHEN WILL YOU BE READY?
“I took you from the ends the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. I said, ‘You are my servant;’ I have chosen you and have not rejected you. So do not fear for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” (Isaiah 41:9-10)
12- Disciple-makers whom to mentor.
3- New pastors to emerge from the Bible Institute (INFORMA).
3- People groups in which to see spiritual fruit: Latin American immigrants, North African immigrants, and Spaniards.
Nancy’s (pseudonym) mother attends the Los Héroes church we pastored for six years in Bogotá, Colombia. She contacted Claudia when Nancy came to Spain to study, asking that Claudia look her up. Nancy had never given her life to Christ.
During the last couple of months, Nancy has been attending the worship services at Alianza de Amor. She has heard the gospel in the Sunday preaching. She has become good friends with several of the young people. Yesterday, we bumped into her after the service. When we mentioned one of her relatives, and Nancy urged us, “Please meet with him to see if he is ready to believe the gospel?”
The Spirit prompted me to ask, “When will you be ready?” There had been an evangelistic invitation that very morning, and Nancy had not responded. When would she be ready to believe?
She hesitated for just a moment and blurted out, “I am ready. I just don’t know how.” As people milled around us, we shared once again the simple gospel of Christ’s death and resurrection, and the call to trust Him as Lord. She replied, “Yes, I believe.” We invited her to a quiet room and prayed with her to receive Jesus as her only Lord and Savior. What a glorious moment!
Please pray for Nancy as she begins her walk with Christ. Pray for us as, and others, as we seek to encourage her in her faith as a disciple of Jesus. Pray that God will continue to open many hearts of people in Spain, both Spaniards and immigrants, to make them ready to believe on Christ.
In addition, we praise the Lord for:
1. The Lord’s healing of Claudia’s ankle following a severe sprain suffered on July 20. Praise the Lord she is walking pain free. Praise the Lord our Healer!
2. His blessing on Claudia’s teaching ministry. The discipleship classes began in September with much eagerness. Students are giving testimony of God’s work in their lives, even as they seek to be disciples that make disciples.
3. Steve’s meetings in Norway were very productive as leaders from six countries met to consider the expansion of Christ-like leadership development. Our week in France was also used of the Lord as we met with teams in two cities who are strategically placed to minister to significant numbers of unreached people. The Lord is at work through their ministries.
We request your prayer for:
Colombia: October 17-21, Steve will be ministering in Medellín. The focus is on a three-day seminar with key pastoral leaders from across the country. Ask the Lord for His anointing for this ministry, to model Christ-likeness, and to communicate truths of Christ-like leadership that will be seeds of transformation in the lives of the participants.
Peru: October 23-25, in Arequipa, Steve will minister for the second consecutive year in a regional leadership encounter. We are expecting some 120 participants from across southern Peru. Ask the Lord to glorify His Name and to lead all of us to pray, “Thy Kingdom come; my kingdom go.”
Spain Bible Institute (INFORMA): November 2-13, Steve will teach on the prophetic books in Madrid and Barcelona. This includes November 8 worship services in Barcelona where he will preach twice in the morning regarding “The Call of God to Ministry,” and one service in the afternoon in Badalona. Pray for the filling of the Holy Spirit for unction and for physical strength. Jesus is Lord.
Thank you for praying for us.
All for Jesus Until He Comes!
Steve and Claudia Irvin
Information about the work in Spain:
A Prayer for Spain (Includes stirring videos for use in prayer meetings)
Praying for Spain
We are supported by your faithful contributions to the Great Commission Fund of The Christian and Missionary Alliance, 8595 Explorer Drive, Colorado Springs, CO 80920, or online.
Prayer Requests/Answers to Prayer
We request your prayers for the following ministry opportunities in the months of October-November:
- Madrid: For Claudia's ministry in discipleship classes at Alianza de Amor church. Ask the Lord to fill her with His Spirit as she seeks to make disciples who make disciples.
- Colombia: October 17-21, Steve will be ministering in Medellín. The focus is on a three-day seminar with key pastoral leaders from across the country. Ask the Lord for His anointing for this ministry, to model Christ-likeness, and to communicate truths of Christ-like leadership that will be seeds of transformation in the lives of the participants.
- France: For the Paris team as they initiate a strategy of missional communities with a view of reaching French-speakers with the gospel of Christ.
- Peru: October 23-25, in Arequipa, Steve will minister for the second consecutive year in a regional leadership encounter. Ask the Lord to glorify His Name and to lead all of us to pray, “Thy Kingdom come; my kingdom go.”
- Spain Bible Institute (INFORMA): November 2-13, Steve will teach on the prophetic books in Madrid and Barcelona. Pray for the November 8 worship services in Barcelona where he will preach twice in the morning regarding “The Call of God to Ministry,” and one service in the afternoon in Badalona. Pray for the filling of the Holy Spirit for unction and for physical strength. Jesus is Lord.
- Please pray with us:
That our one overriding passion would be Christ Himself. That we would seek above all His Name and Renown, His Glory and Honor, His Majesty and His Kingdom. That He would lead us to drink deeply of the Holy Spirit and would daily grant us fresh empowerment to walk in holiness, to love Him with our whole heart, mind, and strength, and to serve Him faithfully. That we would be used by God to hasten the coming of Christ as we await His glorious return when He will establish His kingdom and set things right. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.
Praise the Lord.
Updated: October 12, 2015
- Children's Names
- Field Assignment
- Country of Service
Is God calling you to service? We’re here to help you connect your passion with God’s purpose.
Serve with The Alliance »