Steve and Claudia Irvin
Prayer Letter/Ministry Update
Welcome to our web page! A little bit about us: Following a pastorate in Titusville, FL, we served with The Alliance for 26 years in Latin America in Colombia and Argentina, before accepting a call to pastor a church in Toronto, Canada for three years, and then served as interim pastor at Tabernaculo de la Fe church (our sending church) in Orlando, FL. Since January 2013 we are engaged as International Workers in Madrid, Spain in Bible Institute teaching, mentoring of leaders, and evangelism. We have four adult children and six grandchildren. Pray for us that God would continue to form us daily into the image of Christ, even as He would use us to see many come to Christ and follow Him as Lord and Savior.
IRVIN UPDATE/July-August 2016
DO YOU LONG FOR HIS COMING?
“I took you from the ends the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. I said, ‘You are my servant;’ I have chosen you and have not rejected you. So do not fear for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” (Isaiah 41:9-10)
12- Disciple-makers whom to mentor.
3- New pastors to emerge from the Bible Institute (INFORMA).
3- People groups in which to see spiritual fruit: Latin American immigrants, North African immigrants, and Spaniards.
Each day seems to bring the news of some new act of barbarism that shocks us at least until the next news cycle. Whether the violence is perpetrated in France, or in the US, or anywhere in the world, these acts of brutality can numb our sensibilities, and even cause us to lose perspective. They threaten to paralyze us with fear. These events are the beginning of birth pains before Jesus comes again (Mt. 24:8).
Do you long for His Coming? In the last verses of the Bible, Jesus repeats the promise, “Surely I am coming soon.” John’s reply should be ours, as well, “Even so, come Lord Jesus” (Rev. 22:20).
Of all people on earth, we who are followers of Christ have every reason to live confidently, knowing that our King is sovereign over the nations, and over our lives. In this context of uncertainty and instability God has placed us to bear testimony of Christ, and to hasten His Coming. For, “this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations. And then the end will come” (Mt. 24:14).
July 18-29, Claudia and our 15-year-old granddaughter, Briana, are serving in a two-week English Camp outreach in Tres Cantos, north of Madrid. Please pray for them as they travel two hours round-trip on the train each day, Monday-Friday, to serve in this outreach with over 70 children enrolled. Ask the Lord to open the hearts of both young people and of adults to the gospel, and that Claudia and Briana, along with the others who have come to serve in the camp, would have wisdom and boldness in bearing witness of Christ.
Speaking of family, our son, Bobby, recently shared his testimony in his church by way of “spoken word poetry.” It is powerful, and honors the Lord Jesus. You can view it here.
These summer months are key for preparations for fall ministries. Please pray as I prepare for the following:
September 5-16: INFORMA Bible Institute module on the book of Romans. Ask the Lord to leave students amazed at the wonders of His grace in the Lord Jesus, filled with gratitude and inspired to proclaim boldly the gospel that is the power of God unto salvation (Ro. 1:16)
September 26-30: A Latin America regional gathering of mentors in Medellin, Colombia. The focus of this event is to catalyze a movement of Christ-like leadership development in the Spanish-speaking world. Pray for my colleague Pedro Hernandez and I as we make preparations for this strategic event.
Thank you for praying or us. Be not dismayed in the face of world events. Lift up your head. Our redemption is drawing nigh (Lk. 21:18).
All for Jesus Until He Comes!
Steve and Claudia Irvin
Information about the work in Spain:
A Prayer for Spain (Includes stirring videos for use in prayer meetings)
Praying for Spain
We are supported by your faithful contributions to the Great Commission Fund of The Christian and Missionary Alliance, 8595 Explorer Drive, Colorado Springs, CO 80920, or online.
Our ministry is part of the worldwide effort of The Christian and Missionary Alliance. Our “big team” includes over 750 people like us! You can sign up here to receive regular updates about our Alliance efforts around the globe. Or click here for social media updates.
Prayer Requests/Answers to Prayer
- For Claudia and our granddaughter, Briana, as they serve in an English Camp outreach, July 18-29. Ask the Lord to open the hearts of both young people and adults to the gospel, and that Claudia and Briana speak boldly and clearly the gospel of Christ.
- For Steve's preparation for teaching the book of Romans in the INFORMA Bible Institute, September 5-16. Pray that the Holy Spirit would empower Steve in the preparation and the teaching, and that the Spirit would illumine students to wonders of God's grace in Christ Jesus. Pray that the understanding of this truth would influence their lives and ministries so that they may proclaim clearly the grace of the gospel.
- Pray for Claudia's ongoing discipleship ministry through the Bible Academy classes. Our desire is to "make disciples who make disciples." Pray for Martha and Myrian who are gradually assuming the leadership of the ministry, that the Lord would give Claudia wisdom in supporting them in this transition.
- September 26-30, Steve is scheduled to participate in a Latin American regional gathering in Medellin, Colombia. Pray for Pedro Hernández who is coordinating the event where we expect some 50 practitioners from different Spanish-speaking countries to come together to speak into one another's lives and ministries, and to consider how to catalyze the development of Christ-like leaders in the region. I am working with Pedro in the programming of the event. We need wisdom from Above for this very strategic meeting.
- Following the Colombia event, Steve is scheduled to minister in Piura and Lima, Peru, October 1-9. Pray for Steve as he is seeking the Lord for the messages and the teaching to share in these two cities. The focus is on developing Christ-like leadership.
- Moroccan Arabic Speakers: Our colleagues here in Spain is leading a translation team for the Days with Jesus (DWJ) mentoring tool that is based on the Jesus Film. DWJ has been translated into various languages. Pray for our colleague as the team is now prepared for the voice recording stage. Ask the Lord to guide the team in the recording, and to use this tool to speak into the lives of many Moroccan Arabic speakers.
Praise the Lord.
Updated: July 18, 2016
- Children's Names
- Field Assignment
- Country of Service
Is God calling you to service? We’re here to help you connect your passion with God’s purpose.
Serve with The Alliance »