Devotions » Tozer Devotional
Wed, July 04, 2012
Living With Eternity's Values In View
7. The spiritual man habitually makes eternity-judgments instead of time-judgments. By faith he rises above the tug of earth and the flow of time and learns to think and feel as one who has already left the world and gone to join the innumerable company of angels and the general assembly and Church of the First-born which are written in heaven. Such a man would rather be useful than famous and would rather serve than be served. And all this must be by the operation of the Holy Spirit within him. No man can become spiritual by himself. Only the free Spirit can make a man spiritual.
For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 2 Corinthians 4:17
Living with eternity's values in view lightens our momentary troubles. It equips us to live our todays in the perspective of the eternal tomorrow.
Thank You, Father, for the privilege of experiencing inner renewal even when the external wastes away.
Deeper Life Discussions
What has God been teaching you today?
Here is what others have said in the Deeper Life forum:
- Great Commisson Fund by Steve Von Gunten
- Salvation Repentance by Candice
- Knowing God: Looking for His Glory by Lori Smith
- Dear brother and sisters in Christ. by Kevin Blankenship
- Vance Havner - man of God by Kenny
“What I believe about God is the most important thing about me.”
A. W. Tozer, a modern day prophet, was a key figure in The Christian and Missionary Alliance. His legacy reaches through time and has impacted countless millions. A prolific author and pastor, Tozer was known for his emphasis on the deeper life movement. His message, informed as it was by A.B. Simpson the founder of The Alliance, brought the missionary call to a massive audience. A series of his sermons are available as audio files.
His books have been published around the world and in many languages. This devotional was compiled from the That Incredible Christian, Chapter 34 - Marks of the Spiritual Man
The Alliance believes wholeheartedly in the power and necessity of prayer. We cannot “Live the Call Together” unless prayer is central to all we do—in our denomination, in our churches, and in our individual lives. Pray with us »
Is God calling you to full-time service? Do you want to participate in a short-term missions trip and experience missions work firsthand? We’re here to help you connect your passion with God’s purpose. Serve with The Alliance »